• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
just get the 14SG...a very capable radio

My buddy has one of those. Looks nice and shiny, but it does not have all the features the hitec A9 has. Plus you will not be getting the great CS that Hitec will give you. My buddy just sent back in his Futaba 8FG super to get the throttle stick fixed. they charged him $100. I have sent my radio in to get the module and antenna fixed and they replaced both for free and they were a year out of warranty. Now they have the new A9X out with more three position switches 4096 servo resolution and 7mil sec latency. It will be my next radio LOL. plus unlike Futaba that makes you buy there thousand dollar radios Hitec's A9 and A9X comes with a awesome touch screen. just my opinion.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I agree with you on the awesomeness of hitec [MENTION=50]3Daddict[/MENTION].

I have had the A9 for 2 seasons and just barely aquired the new A9x. I am currently working on a review of it. So far I am really liking it with about 3 hours of flight time. The firmware is a little better than the A9 believe it or not... most of it is the same but some things are even more intuitive and easy to use. I think it is the best radio in its price class for sure with the speed and resolution upgrades.

hone

150cc
I have both radios and I can tell you I mostly use the 8FG. The 8fg has smoother gimbals than the A9 and 14 channels(it's also noticeably faster than the A9 but the A9X should fix that) If I was buying a radio today it'd be the 14sg for sure because the only thing I miss about the A9 is telemetry(which the 14sg has)
Hitec does have better service but how often do you really send in your radio?

The touch screen is a nice feature but it's not like you can compare it to the type of display used in the $3000 Futaba. It's the same idea but it'd be like comparing a black and white TV to a full HD display lol.

I'm planning on upgrading from the 8fg to 14sg when I get a chance. I'm keeping my A9 to use with a dsmx module for bnf stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I agree with you on the awesomeness of hitec [MENTION=50]3Daddict[/MENTION].

I have had the A9 for 2 seasons and just barely aquired the new A9x. I am currently working on a review of it. So far I am really liking it with about 3 hours of flight time. The firmware is a little better than the A9 believe it or not... most of it is the same but some things are even more intuitive and easy to use. I think it is the best radio in its price class for sure with the speed and resolution upgrades.

That is good to know. I have had my A9 for 4 seasons now and a ton of flight time on it. So next year i will need to look into getting the new A9X LOL. I love how smooth the hitec gimbles are. And I have used my buddys futaba 8fg and the 14sg and the gimbles on both were exactly the same. They all use quade ball bearing gimbals.

zmonster97

I don't know if I want a DX9 (I have only a few RX's so I have no reason to stay for compatibility) or a Futaba 8FG Super (I think)

I love my DX9! Smooth gimbals and it has a great feel to it! Horizons customer service is awesome just like hitecs. I broke the gimbal on my dx8 twice and they fixed it both times for free! Plus the telemetry is a very nice bonus. Especially the voice!

I got a DX-18 gen2 and I think the DX-9 is a better radio for the voice as the speaker location does not work well. All my planes would work on a 9. Exceptional radio.

I had a A9 and swapped to the 18 due to ergonomics and latency. At this point the powersafe RXs are keeping me hostage to spektrum.