• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

I had a very tense conversation with the Horizon people on this subject. The speaker is mounted where the DX-18 placard is and if you hold your radio in any way away from you, you WILL NOT be able to hear the voice. The DX-9 speaker is by the click wheel and is very loud. At first they did not believe there was a problem, but when we set them both up for the same voice command, you could not hear the 18, even with just basic flying field background noise. I might have to go back to using a neck strap to point the speaker at me. Otherwise I will prefer my 18QQ since I am more familiar with it and I like that is not Spektrum Silver.

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Just FYI: The Red Bull Air Race (WOOT!!) from Malaysia is on at 8:00AM GMT (1:00AM PDT) Sunday the 18th. If you have Apple TV, then you can watch it live on the Red Bull app. I love that stuff! I'm sad I'm leaving Vegas before it gets here :(

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
I must say, it was worth it to see Nigel Lamb outrun Hannes Arch to get his first win. Not sure if I'm willing to get up at 3 or so for Polands race.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got back from Joe Nall this week. Pretty amazing! Didn't see anyone representing 3DRCF though. Bummer!

weird that you didn't see Brian Strachan or Matt Dunkel there? They both were representing the forum taking photos/videos and flying...

I only put the shirt on Wednesday before we got evacuated from the camp. I had planned on wearing the garb and shooting Picts and video Thursday and Friday, but weather and circumstance intervened. I had my 92 with 3DRCF vinyl in front of my camp most of the event.