• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The FAA just "went there" NOT GOOD. ALL RC Aircraft = REAL AIRCRAFT

N726AC

70cc twin V2
Is my frisbee gonna need an 'N' number?
iu

well this brings out a whole new can of worms...are they going to take it as far as medical certificates? If they lump unmanned aircraft into the FAR's then we will undoubtedly be subject to classification into pilot classes on some level.

Being employed by the FAA I have to wonder where they are going with this. Its seems the initial intent was to cover commercial use. Now I am beginning to think its more than that. I see some sort of fees or certificates on some level in our future.

Sadly the AMA in this scenario is just a buzzing bee. Its not like they are the NRA(lobby money) or an organized union on any level.

Dan767

70cc twin V2
I believe that this means as a licensed pilot, you can face certificate action when flying a model airplane as well as full scale. Not happy!

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
After reading a small part of the above link and getting a splitting headache from trying to understand all that law mumbo jumbo BS....in easy to understand terms, what does it mean?