• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Alert! The FAA want's you out of the NAS!!!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Hi guys, It makes very interesting reading...I agree that it seems very heavy handed...but down under we have a situation where the drone flyers are just doing what they want. Given there are always a few idiots in any pack..it appears that from my own personal point of view...having let the horses out of the yard its going to be the only way to control the idiots. Much like Jet skis down here...a few idiots led to a seperate licencing scheme and much heavier survelliance.
As pointed out they are asking for comments from you guys .....my input to this is that its a forewarning for us down under as we usually follow you guys with our legislation.

Thanks for the really good forums I have had some great tips and information..from the posts...although not too sure that we have the winter conditions that some of you fly under.

Bill N

that's right, the random "drone" pilots out there are making it way worse for the rest of us.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
hey guys, for what it's worth, it isn't the government that wants us out of the airspace, after all it's not the FAA that stands to profit from the low altitude airspace that we occupy with our flying clubs.

it's the corporations that want us out so they can get in. it's the corporations that want to use drones for all kinds of jobs that we humans are currently doing and flying clubs will clutter up their low altitude drone airways. we'll be in their way.

so if you think government should serve the corporations and let the corporations dictate what freedom means for the average person, then let that be what guides you when you vote because that's what it's all about, voting.

if you think that the government should be for and by the people, as it was intended, then let that guide you when you vote and elect people that understand that corporations are not people, corporations shouldn't be allowed to spend unlimited amounts of money to influence elections, and corporations should contribute to the betterment of society by producing high quality goods and services, by employing individuals and by paying taxes. Corporations have no business influencing elections and manipulating the people that we elect just so the corporations can become more powerful.

the FAA can't fight back the corporations that are trying to take our airspace if the people that run the government are hell bent on giving it to them. so send your comments to the FAA but keep in mind if you get emotional they'll ignore you. they might dial back some of what is in the NPRM but there are very well funded groups trying to move us out of their way so it's important that we all send in something no matter how basic it is.

thanks for reading.
The FAA answers only to congress and does not have to implement anything not mandated. It is the committee's that are bought by the corporations applying these new rules but the FAA does not have to adopt them, therefore it is the FAA that is doing it!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i have a close relationship with an FAA employee, they're being pushed in the direction we're going by business interests. the rogue "drone" operators are just making it harder for reasonable people to help us.

ask yourself who owns most of the congressmen, lobbyists. lobbyist money comes mostly from corporate interests.

the FAA chief administrator is a political appointee of the president. as an agency, the FAA has their own rulemaking authority and congress doesn't usually interfere with what the FAA decides to do or not do. congress funds the FAA, that's mostly the limit of their relationship except when congress specifically intervenes like passing the "Pilots' Bill of Rights" and when we were supposed to get relief/protection from the FAA but it didn't really happen.

believe whatever you want to believe but blaming all of this on the government isn't exactly accurate.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
i have a close relationship with an FAA employee, they're being pushed in the direction we're going by business interests. the rogue "drone" operators are just making it harder for reasonable people to help us.

ask yourself who owns most of the congressmen, lobbyists. lobbyist money comes mostly from corporate interests.

the FAA chief administrator is a political appointee of the president. as an agency, the FAA has their own rulemaking authority and congress doesn't usually interfere with what the FAA decides to do or not do. congress funds the FAA, that's mostly the limit of their relationship except when congress specifically intervenes like passing the "Pilots' Bill of Rights" and when we were supposed to get relief/protection from the FAA but it didn't really happen.

believe whatever you want to believe but blaming all of this on the government isn't exactly accurate.
I was simply saying they don't have to do anything. I have no doubt money is the root cause and that it come's from special interest. We are the lowest special interest in the game, financially we are virtually not even in it.

TonyHallo

150cc
Here is a summary of the Remote ID rule. I have copy of a draft response if any would like to respond to FAA by Match 2, 2020.

Attachments

• FAARemoteIDRuleSummary.pdf
    45.2 KB · Views: 595

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I've been working on my essay... urrr response LOL. The point in the link you shared does make a valid point. Decades of safety ignored by the FAA. I wish to think this isn't true... but to see the lack of effort put into the NPRM for model aviation is pathetic and needs to be addressed. A FED that I know who has been extremely involved with ADS-B told me about comments he's made in the past for these type of PRM's. He said make it personal and point out the issue specifically, this doesn't mean to add emotion into your comment, but rather productive reasoning to substantiate your issues with the NPRM.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I have let Our local FAA personal know how we feel about what they are trying to do to us. I have also tlaked to our Congressman too. unless we speak up they are going to walk all over us. My father always said it is the squeaky wheel that gets greased

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp

I've read the summary. Boy does it look better than before, but still terrible. Looks Like AMA would be happy with the FRIA. But for the poor 18yr old kid getting started in fixed wing line of sight in an open field.... he'll be fined, or go to jail thanks to government overreach through overregulating a hobby they apparently refuse to coexist without creating excessive stipulations despite the few page AC91-57 that guided it before.
Just how do they expect to enforce such a law in 2021 (as projected) that had a final ruling the last few days of 2020. ADS-B had TEN years to implement and create technology for full scale and it still isn't required in some airspace. It's going to be a long road ahead.