• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I probably could have had the field to myself today too. Winds at 18 before the gusts will do that.;)

Most certainly will Doug :yesss:. Winds gusting to about 18 from the west which is a dead on cross wind at the back at this field. And the fact that they made it "Electric Only" on week ends and severely limited gas/glow flight during the week has had the numbers down too.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Put a Moki 2.10 on that plane and it will really pick up speed.
No Moki for me still have some glow but when they die that is it. I might get a DLE 35ra for it but no more glow and a Moki 2.1 will bankrupt me the amount of fuel that engine can drink.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Me too @AKNick . As in I hate to see that for ya. Those Edges along with the 35RA are pretty awesome combos but I know you aint feeling awesome right now. Hate to admit it but when you said "Punch him in his happy face" made me giggle :black-eye: . So the "Happy Camper" (NOT) and bush pilot thing popped into my head :rolleyes:. Sorry for that :ugh:.

Hard not to smile! It's like the quote someone has "I Fly, Therefore I Crash!" cannot be more true. I had a lot of fun with it for about 9 minutes before that happened. I was very comfortable with it. did a couple pop tops, rolling circles, and hovers with the smoke on ten feet up, Lots of fun! Just a bummer the scratch and sniff new plane smell wore off so stinking fast. It's going to take me a while to rebuild the wings that's for sure. The servos and engine are from my 71" slick I wrecked last fall.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hard not to smile! It's like the quote someone has "I Fly, Therefore I Crash!" cannot be more true. I had a lot of fun with it for about 9 minutes before that happened. I was very comfortable with it. did a couple pop tops, rolling circles, and hovers with the smoke on ten feet up, Lots of fun! Just a bummer the scratch and sniff new plane smell wore off so stinking fast. It's going to take me a while to rebuild the wings that's for sure. The servos and engine are from my 71" slick I wrecked last fall.
But do you know why the engine died. Or what happened to put the plane in the trees

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
not 100% sure, maybe too much smoke oil, or not enough idle up mixed in. Need to run the engine again
Smoke oil will do that when playing with smoke on a friends plane we could kill the engine when turning it on at idle we made sure that it never came on under 1/3 throttle.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Got a shiny new Falcon spinner for the 115 Laser last Friday so out it went for a test flight yesterday :mario-banana:

34266541_10217426392878687_1761864622123515904_o.jpg

Makes it fly about 13.5% better!!!

34319165_10217426393638706_5927144641886420992_o.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Smoke oil will do that when playing with smoke on a friends plane we could kill the engine when turning it on at idle we made sure that it never came on under 1/3 throttle.

Yeah i honestly cannot remember what my throttle position was when t happened. I was playing with pump rates, it was upped from the last time I flew it. Seemed a little too dark this last flight
1e310b50f25f171b950e9a98986d4097.jpg

That’s the most of the damage. That will keep me busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Yeah i honestly cannot remember what my throttle position was when t happened. I was playing with pump rates, it was upped from the last time I flew it. Seemed a little too dark this last flight
1e310b50f25f171b950e9a98986d4097.jpg

That’s the most of the damage. That will keep me busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As long as the wing tube is still solid you should be fine. Fixing a loose wing tube is difficult and you never know if you have done it properly.