• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Bring a roll of plastic drop cloth and a stretchy chord, If an unexpected rain flurry ensues, burrito the plane in plastic and use a stretchy chord to keep it on and flapping in the breeze.
You may be able to use a PVC pipe, slit it down the middle and slip it over the tailgate support cable, and tape it in place, or you can just tape a tube or piece of wood to it to keep the tailgate from flopping
I feel your pain when it comes to bad weather... I technically live in a rainforest...
Mother Nature can be cruel when you least expect it. In the St. Louis area where I live they like to say "Don't like the weather? Wait a minute it will change". Most any hot humid day carries about a 20% chance of rain. Spot rain storms can kick up in minutes because of the hot, wet, unstable atmosphere. And this year the hot humid weather came a month and a half early. It was in the 90's all last week and 97 Sunday. The normal high for this time is 78.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Vans are great for hauling airplanes. No windows, and they can usually be had for cheap. Picked up this clean '99 Express 2500 for a song and it has a 350 in it :yesss:

34146438_10217395152257691_5831833961763962880_o.jpg

I think I've had almost a dozen airplanes inside of it at one point :oblong: Plus they're great project boxes for doing whatever you want- I've changed to a satellite equipped radio, LED lights all around, added factory cruise control, and put in super bright LED interior lights.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
A few years ago when I started flying helicopters I started logging my flights on an app on my phone so I could keep track of batteries mainly, but I also logged all of my airplane flights. I just went through a counted the total flights I had in 2017 and it's simply embarrassing.

H9 35% Extra= 15
Mig 21= 9
Miss Moana= 7
Pilot 30% Edge 540= 7
Stinger 90 EDF= 3
T-Rex 550e Heli= 2
Total = 43

Some guys can do that in a couple weekends.:(

The title of this thread is "The I'm Going Out Flying Thread 2018". I hope I get to post in it a lot this year.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have a minivan right now that carries everything I have but it is getting old almost 21 years and needs replacing but I would rather buy a nice pickup truck than another minivan. That is why am trying to find away to not buy another minivan and no I am not selling off my planes.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
:rolleyes:
A few years ago when I started flying helicopters I started logging my flights on an app on my phone so I could keep track of batteries mainly, but I also logged all of my airplane flights. I just went through a counted the total flights I had in 2017 and it's simply embarrassing.

H9 35% Extra= 15
Mig 21= 9
Miss Moana= 7
Pilot 30% Edge 540= 7
Stinger 90 EDF= 3
T-Rex 550e Heli= 2
Total = 43

Some guys can do that in a couple weekends.:(

The title of this thread is "The I'm Going Out Flying Thread 2018". I hope I get to post in it a lot this year.
I don't think I would have posted that.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I REFUSE to post my flight log for 2017 to current.........OH! WAIT!.....There isn't one. Just a few test flights :(.

My pilot status is not what it used to be but at least I'm not dead........yet :concern:. :laughing:

Competition
Expert
Sportsman
Intermediate
Novice
Intermittent
Dead

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
To me being in the air flying is what I like most and what I do most when I am at the field. To others building and socializing is better which is cool if that is the desired outcome. I used to fly about ten to twelve flights each outing without missing a beat. When I kept closer count I remember putting between 600-700 flights on a single plane in a two year period.

Only once in a while now do I not fly less than a minimum of four flights at each outing. Sometimes lately I have been too tired and only flew twice and rarely ever only flew once. Most of the time it is at least four to ten flights with the occasional dozen flights on those days I feeling fresh. At some fun fly events I may not fly but a couple times as it all depends on who is flying at those.

I would say my average is five, but that is a guess as I don't log my flights. For instance last Sunday I flew about five times and the only reason I stopped was I was simply wore down. If I only flew twenty to fifty flights for the year, I think I would be rethinking the whole hobby and (unless it was an unusual year weather wise that caused it}.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I try to fly as often as possible if the weather is ok off I go. Normally I will do about 8 to ten flights every time I go out. That is enough for me. The only thing that limits my flying is weather there are times when I will miss 2 weeks because of weather but that is how it is.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Not sure why he’s so happy. I may rip him out of his seat and punch him in his happy face.
Two wings, prop, cowl, axel, elevator.
Dead stick. Head wind. No altitude.
Second flight.
63a4ca0afcfb14fe1363ee162fb2d437.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk