Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Buddy5303, Jan 1, 2018.

1. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Well I am not great. I really have only mastered a couple or three tricks. But I keep trying. I just watch people like "Gabby", "Kyle", Joe Smith, and so many others and it is like...why? Why would I even want to try? They are sooooo good. Then of course ya got people like Supa Tim Hanstine. (Northwest RC) I promise I am not lying. The dude is beyond amazing. Personally, The dude could "huck" a brick! LOL

2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    All I can say is if I could hang on the prop and touch the rudder on the ground and not wipe out the hole plane I can do 3D. Sorry Mister Stang you deffenatqy can do 3D

3. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Some guys just have such amazing skills. Ryan Mowry from my club has always amazed me with his talent. He did a noon time demo at our Warbird event this year with a Top Flite P47 with a DA60. The first half was just your typical type of Warbird flying. Blazing low passes and victory rolls, but after a few minutes he comes across the field low but slow this time and I'm thinking, he's not going to do what I think he's going to do when right at runway center he pulls the nose up and puts it in a hover, and then starts torque rolling. That was followed by foamie like flying that barely ever went off the edge of the field. Inverted harrier passes with rediculously tight turns at the ends. My jaw was on the ground.

I've said it many times before, every time I watch him I think I should pile my stuff in the driveway, pour my fuel over it and throw on a match.;)

AKNick, dhal22, 49dimes and 4 others like this.
  4. stangflyer

LMAO...I Know exactly what you mean. Though I have not witnessed someone hucking a warbird, (which I can only imagine how beyond unbelievable it would be) I have witnessed some pretty good stuff. Just like you Doug, I keep thinking I need to be on my knees and prasing them for "I"....am just not worthy. LOL
    praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif

5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Hoping to get out today but it is raining and does not like it is giving up hopefully later this afternoon.

stangflyer likes this.
  6. stangflyer

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Maybe even send you a box of sunshine!

49dimes, acerc and Snoopy1 like this.
  7. I’ve been watching Ryan fly for years and years. It never get old. I remember a few years ago he put together a .40 size trainer for trainer races. After a few minutes of warmup, he was doing rolling circles with it a couple feet off the ground! Just amazing.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  8. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

A 20cc profile will make it easy. They are big enough to see and handle wind well and can take a hit really well when you dork it.

49dimes, pawnshopmike and Jetpainter like this.
  9. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

@BalsaDust,

How are you doing, my friend? Long time no see. How's that baby girl of yours doing?

10. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

She is doing great. Will be 7 months next week. Is sitting up, pulling up on things, crawling, eating solids, babbling like crazy, and just an all around happy baby.

Also just a heads up my club is planning a fun fly for I believe September 15. Your welcome to come out.

49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.