• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Had a great day at the field today. There was almost zero wind all day. Unfortunately that made it pretty toasty when you were standing out there flying, it made the high 80's feel pretty nasty when you add in the humidity. I've sweated way less on 100 degree days with a good breeze. The lack of wind sure made the flying awesome though.

There were a few guys today that didn't have an awesome outing. One older guy lost a brand new Freewing Avanti on it's second flight. He flew it straight into the ground, it was pretty ugly. After that he crashed a smaller electric Extra into a pilot cage when landing. Before I got there a friend of mine crashed a Trex 700 heli hard. Not a good day for those guys.

I richened the low end of the GP61 in the green Edge. It started better, but the midrange is beginning to suck.

View attachment 104844
Ohhh the sacrilege, a GP in an airframe designated as a DA!! Lol... Good looking Edge..

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Spent another day flying that is three in a row. The Inverse 33 is getting better and better. Did a little more tuning on the engine and I have say is that O.S. 33 really likes the canister installed on the plane. After it was all said and done I was getting almost 600 rpm more over the stock O.S. Muffler, pretty good. And on the radio left all the end points as is but just added a little more expo that really helped. All I have say is that Person QQ knows how to design a plane I am impressed.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Ohhh the sacrilege, a GP in an airframe designated as a DA!! Lol... Good looking Edge..
Yeah maybe this winter I should change those decals. I hate to give DA a bad starting reputation. When it had a DA50 it started super easy and ran like a good watch, just didn't have the power the 61 has.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Yeah maybe this winter I should change those decals. I hate to give DA a bad starting reputation. When it had a DA50 it started super easy and ran like a good watch, just didn't have the power the 61 has.
You can kill two birds with one stone stick a DA60 in it get rid of the difficult starting and leave DA decals.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Or you could make the effort count. Get rid of the DA decals and order up a brand new set of Mighty Dub decals and then... yank the GP and slam the corresponding size beast motor under the hood as badass mighty dub decals suggest.
double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif