• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
All those dampening devices are great but are the same in application if on a single axle trailer.
If you take the trailing arm type with a damper or a twin axel with leaf springs the trailing arm is the way to go no doubt.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
0828181506-03.jpg
FINALLY got to the field today and broke my "cabin fever" :woohoo!:. Took my "Chunk 'O' Foams" squad to my club field and had 40 minutes of wheels up! Of course my first flight was with the Avanti S. Had to have something that would blow all the dust and rust off :big-grin:.
Two packs each for three planes equaled a perfect afternoon on a very pretty day :).

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
View attachment 105189 FINALLY got to the field today and broke my "cabin fever" :woohoo!:. Took my "Chunk 'O' Foams" squad to my club field and had 40 minutes of wheels up! Of course my first flight was with the Avanti S. Had to have something that would blow all the dust and rust off :big-grin:.
Two packs each for three planes equaled a perfect afternoon on a very pretty day :).
That is so awesome Kelly. I am really happy for you. I know you have been going quite insane of late. Not being able to release your pent up frustrations can be quite...."frustrating". LOL. But I do have one question for you if you don't mind. Around here, no one really bats an eye at a foamy at the field. I mean it is kind of to be expected. It's almost a law and a rule that someone bring at least "one". Then we have two...owned and flown by the same pilot?forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif Still... a little less likely, but completely excuseable. But three? Three foamies? Oh the shame, oh the pain...Oh the....chunk-0-foamies. Suicide.gif We flog dudes for less than that. LOL...Sorry brother. I just couldn't resist. Honestly, I am just happy you were able to get out. Truly, I am.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That is so awesome Kelly. I am really happy for you. I know you have been going quite insane of late. Not being able to release your pent up frustrations can be quite...."frustrating". LOL. But I do have one question for you if you don't mind. Around here, no one really bats an eye at a foamy at the field. I mean it is kind of to be expected. It's almost a law and a rule that someone bring at least "one". Then we have two...owned and flown by the same pilot?View attachment 105192 Still... a little less likely, but completely excuseable. But three? Three foamies? Oh the shame, oh the pain...Oh the....chunk-0-foamies. View attachment 105191 We flog dudes for less than that. LOL...Sorry brother. I just couldn't resist. Honestly, I am just happy you were able to get out. Truly, I am.

I thought this was "Giant" Scale News!!!!

Ya see fellas.......it's like this.......I simply add the wingspans of all three and therefore I have the equivalent of a 42center :banana-dance:.

Besides......My "alternate" plane hauler does quite a good job getting that massive wingspan to the field :rolleyes:.

0828181126-00.jpg 0828181127-00.jpg 0828181506-00.jpg

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Still... a little less likely, but completely excuseable. But three? Three foamies? Oh the shame, oh the pain...Oh the....chunk-0-foamies. View attachment 105191 We flog dudes for less than that. LOL...Sorry brother. I just couldn't resist. Honestly, I am just happy you were able to get out. Truly, I am.
I keep one small foamy in my trailer sort of hid back away from everything and no one really sees it. If I had three, I would go check myself in and get help somewhere. Oh man, just thinking about it, I think I am going to blow chunks. I need to go get something to settle my stomach :big-grin:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have the EF Extra and the AJA Laser loaded and ready to go flying tomorrow. No foamy though, don't own one. But hey, each of the afore mentioned has foam in the turtle decks. lol
The wife is going to try her hand at filming the maiden so we'll see how the maiden and her filming goes, or I will at the least.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I have 2 foamies, one I never fly, a Crack Pitts, and the other is my EDF Mig 21.

If we ever get a young person at the club that seems really into flying I'm going to give the Pitts to them. That way someone can enjoy it.
The Mig on the other hand I enjoy a lot.:)