• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I keep looking at the weather forecast for tomorrow right now it is looking like a go for early morning? Will going if the weather holds out. I have tree weeks of flying to catch up on.
Well it rained here yesterday from around noon to near midnight. Looking at my pasture under standing water I know there is no point in going to the field as it does the same. The runway is paved so take off would not be an issue but if for some reason that new Valach engine was to stall a dead stick would most likely not be down the runway. Just no point in pushing it, maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well it rained here yesterday from around noon to near midnight. Looking at my pasture under standing water I know there is no point in going to the field as it does the same. The runway is paved so take off would not be an issue but if for some reason that new Valach engine was to stall a dead stick would most likely not be down the runway. Just no point in pushing it, maybe tomorrow will be a better day.
Um, ever hear of pontoons? Hee hee. I don't blame you brother. No one wants to go wading for a sinking ship. I wouldn't risk it either. Good call.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got out this morning again till about 12 -30 then the wind got up to 30mph and we all went home. But until then it was good flying. And one thing that was not expected I tried to hang the Stick 85 on the prop and to my surprise it did it pretty good and fun doing until I ran out of time. Well another good day at the field.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
New plane and motor not a good time to push your luck. For a maiden you want all the odds in your favour.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I would normally agree with you Mike. But seriously, these foam planes have become just as expensive as the balsa built up planes. Yikes, I have seen them as much as 800 dead washingtons. That is plumb crazy. Then again, I am sure the twisted edge will be fine.
The Freewing F-14 is pretty pricy, but looks awesome!

86000064.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes it is. I would love to have an F-14 Tomcat. One of my most favorite jets. Hey, maybe I will take a look at the price of them. LOL
Have to agree with you most of us would love to have one of those. That is probably the ultimate rc model plane. But at that price I do not believe I have the guts to fly it. All I can say it would be hanging in my shop a long time while I was trying to convince my self to fly it.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry

View attachment 105312

I'd say that's a "Best Buy" . The "alternative" for a "swing wing" Free Wing F-14 would require a second mortgage o_O.

Now that I got the "hang" of these speed demons I'm really looking forward to the phantom.

I was actually on the flight deck when the RIO of plane 202 snapped this picture late 1981 on my last Med Cruise with USS Forrestal. VF-74 was celebrating 20 years of squadron service with the F4J Phantom II. We where also fixing to get ready for a "steel beach" picnic for "160 consecutive days" of operations at sea. Yep! we had BEER at sea :cheers:. It was only 3.2 % but still got a buzz :big-grin:.

An-F-4J-Phantom-II.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

View attachment 105312

Have to agree with you most of us would love to have one of those. That is probably the ultimate rc model plane. But at that price I do not believe I have the guts to fly it. All I can say it would be hanging in my shop a long time while I was trying to convince my self to fly it.

I'd say that's a "Best Buy" . The "alternative" for a "swing wing" Free Wing F-14 would require a second mortgage o_O.

Now that I got the "hang" of these speed demons I'm really looking forward to the phantom.

I was actually on the flight deck when the RIO of plane 202 snapped this picture late 1981 on my last Med Cruise with USS Forrestal. VF-74 was celebrating 20 years of squadron service with the F4J Phantom II. We where also fixing to get ready for a "steel beach" picnic for "160 consecutive days" of operations at sea. Yep! we had BEER at sea :cheers:. It was only 3.2 % but still got a buzz :big-grin:.

View attachment 105316
I liiiike it. Only 549 with free shipping. Hmmm...
pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif
Checking availability. I am thinking very seriously on getting one. I know, I know... it doesn't say Pilot on it and it doesn't have a beasty sexy red head in it. But still cool all the same.