• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
It was another gorgeous day at the field today. Tony and I each put three flights in. With the cooler drier air my DA120 was really pulling hard. I put my firewall repair to the test with many Pop Tops, Knife Edge spins and a few Crankshafts, well as close as I can get to a proper Crankshaft. She held up to the torture test.;)

20180930_120822_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That is really great to hear Doug. Love it when a plan comes together don't you? I mean, we are always going to have some maintenance to do on your planes. But when it turns out well, it sure makes you smile.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Flew Saturday and Sunday this weekend and it has been a long time getting out both days for a decent outing. Saturday was quite beautiful but it was gray cloudy at times yesterday and a few times plane tended to disappear. I think I popped down about 6-8 yesterday even with the grayness and a sizeable crowd there.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well it looks like all of you are having a great time. All am doing is looking out the window and all I see is rain, it has rained for the past 5 days and the prediction is it will rain till Friday. I hope not but time will tell.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well it looks like all of you are having a great time. All am doing is looking out the window and all I see is rain, it has rained for the past 5 days and the prediction is it will rain till Friday. I hope not but time will tell.

If it makes you feel any better, this is our street in Yuma AZ 2 days ago... So much for the driest county in the US.. :rolleyes:

42866959_331348604282103_2706153752410193920_n.jpg

Interestingly enough, behind the retaining wall is a 10ft deep pit for overflow. It was completely fully :oblong:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
If it makes you feel any better, this is our street in Yuma AZ 2 days ago... So much for the driest county in the US.. :rolleyes:

View attachment 105892

Interestingly enough, behind the retaining wall is a 10ft deep pit for overflow. It was completely fully :oblong:

Wow if I can choose I will take what I have it is raining but it just rain steady all the time but lightly and it can run away and not causing anything like that. I guess we all have our difficulties depending were we live.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Like here where the forecast for tomorrow, October 3rd is 94 degrees. Someone please call Mother Nature and tell her this is fall, not late July! The high should be in the low 70's.
Looks like the weekend is going to be a washout, but I guess we'll have to see if all the rain in the forecast shows up.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yup, forecast for my area is also calling for rain on Thursday. Usually that means it will come two days later. Which is Saturday. But....of course we will get the "pre-rain" wind. That will kill any chance of late Friday flying. And of course we will also have the "post-rain" wind which will kill any and all chances of any Sunday flying. So here it is Tuesday night, I have to work the next three days...which eliminates any chance of flying any of those days. With the weather forecast as it is, And then back to work on Monday of next week.... Yeah, you all get the idea. I am pretty much done for flying for a few days. Stick a fork in me. LOL. Oh well, it has been a great summer. Our flying isn't over with for the year. Not yet. Just a bit of a breather to get some maintenance and engine mounts done before getting the last of the years flying in.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Yup, forecast for my area is also calling for rain on Thursday. Usually that means it will come two days later. Which is Saturday. But....of course we will get the "pre-rain" wind. That will kill any chance of late Friday flying. And of course we will also have the "post-rain" wind which will kill any and all chances of any Sunday flying. So here it is Tuesday night, I have to work the next three days...which eliminates any chance of flying any of those days. With the weather forecast as it is, And then back to work on Monday of next week.... Yeah, you all get the idea. I am pretty much done for flying for a few days. Stick a fork in me. LOL. Oh well, it has been a great summer. Our flying isn't over with for the year. Not yet. Just a bit of a breather to get some maintenance and engine mounts done before getting the last of the years flying in.
Along with our forecasted 94 degrees for tomorrow we're getting some pre rain wind as well. The forecast is for 19mph, which means 25 at least. So, today and tonight I busted it at work to get a bunch of painting done on a Mercedes I'm working on so I wouldn't have to deal with the dirt storm that kind of wind brings.

I've got my fingers crossed that we can squeeze some flying in Sunday if it's not raining or windy. If not, it's over to Tony's house to plan out a paint scheme for his new Krill Ultimate that finally showed up after three weeks. Actually it didn't show up, he had to go to the trucking company to get it since they wanted 3 more days to take it the last 30 miles.