Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Buddy5303, Jan 1, 2018.

1. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Not much different here with shipping companies. We've had to go to Boise... a scant six miles away from home, just to retrieve a package that the shipping company swears they just can't deliver it for another couple of days. Really??? You're kidding, right? Doah!

Jetpainter and Snoopy1 like this.
  2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Well I was hoping to get out today with the boys but it is not looking good. Very little wind but it is really dark and it looks like it wants to rain. It rained a little but stoped and has not rained for about an hour if only the skies would brighten up up a little then there will some hope.

Jetpainter likes this.
  3. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

I walked out the door today and got smacked in the face by the hot humid August in the Midwest weather............... IT'S OCTOBER 3RD!!!!

Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  4. Well regardless of the weather or time of year we best get what flying that is going to get done, done. The Senate passed the reauthorization bill which pretty much kill's the r/c hobby.
    I am hoping the FAA let's us stay the way we were, but, I can see them adding flying is to be done at a chartered club or a sanctioned event.
    I really do hope!!!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  5. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 100cc

TN, USA
    Interesting article on the topic:
    http://aopa.org/news-and-media/all-...e-poised-to-repeal-model-aircraft-protections

stangflyer likes this.
  6. Jetpainter

Certainly a sad day for the hobby.

7. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Everybody settle down... This just allows the FAA the authorization to make new rules that blanket everything for the future. There is nothing set in stone here, and for all we know it will exempt AMA or "CBO" members from the hard regulations. The FAA has discussed many times about how traditional airplane/helicopter pilots are not the issue and they don't care to interfere with them or with anybody in a CBO. We have FAA reps down here that don't even want anything to do with it in the first place.

Jetpainter, pawnshopmike and acerc like this.
  8. That has been my hope from the get go and I have stated virtual
    That has been my hope from the get go and I have said the same thing a time or two. But you never know, and now they can change the rules whenever they so choose.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  9. Jetpainter

I really hope that's the case, but my faith in the FAA took a dive when I had to fill out a form that said "Register My Drone" I don't own a drone, don't want a drone, and don't want to be lumped in with them.

10. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

The only things in life that are certain is one day we go to that big flying field in the sky and change. I hate change. I guess I am an old dog. I just want my bones (planes) and want everyone to quit telling me where and when and how high I can fly them.

Snoopy1 and Jetpainter like this.