• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Surgery went well today. An artificial meat invented for burn victims was input where I lost meat. If my body accepts it, blood vessels will grow into it and skin will grow over it. I might be flying again this weekend but will need starting help.
You must be tough. I cannot imagine the pain with that type of injury.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Which radio?
Found it in the radio manual read though it it is as clear as mud, need some to play with and see if I can make it work. One thing this 12x radio has always been a difficult radio to program it has everything I have ever needed but it has always been difficult to implement.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
You must be tough. I cannot imagine the pain with that type of injury.

Thanks.

I'm good with pain, lot's of experience over the years. The sound of the impact is giving me nightmares though. An ugly sound is still in my head, it needs to go away.

Last edited:

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Tahnks.

I'm good with pain, lot's of experience over the years. The sound of the impact is giving me nightmares though. An ugly sound is still in my head, it needs to go away.
I can imagine that sound impacts you. I was with a guy when he was cranking a giant scale plane and the plane came loose from the anchor and lunged up on his legs at full throttle. His only reaction was to put his hand out to prevent disaster. Which of course his hand went into the prop.

There was only three of us at the field that day. The ambulance was within about 20 minutes that day which was a plus. The end result was he only dislocated his finger and cut his legs some. It was a wooden prop which probably saved him.

Before we realized that he had not lost his fingers, we spent some time looking around for his fingers because he just knew he had lost them and was afraid to look at his hand. The sudden shock I suppose was why he felt they were cut off. In the end it turned out good, but could have been really bad.

People that make jokes and are callous to this stuff should take some time to be more considerate about it. It takes about a second of time for a man's life to change because of an accident.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I can imagine that sound impacts you. I was with a guy when he was cranking a giant scale plane and the plane came loose from the anchor and lunged up on his legs at full throttle. His only reaction was to put his hand out to prevent disaster. Which of course his hand went into the prop.

There was only three of us at the field that day. The ambulance was within about 20 minutes that day which was a plus. The end result was he only dislocated his finger and cut his legs some. It was a wooden prop which probably saved him.

Before we realized that he had not lost his fingers, we spent some time looking around for his fingers because he just knew he had lost them and was afraid to look at his hand. The sudden shock I suppose was why he felt they were cut off. In the end it turned out good, but could have been really bad.

People that make jokes and are callous to this stuff should take some time to be more considerate about it. It takes about a second of time for a man's life to change because of an accident.
How true and well said it does not take much to really ruin your life.