• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks.

I'm good with pain, lot's of experience over the years. The sound of the impact is giving me nightmares though. An ugly sound is still in my head, it needs to go away.
A huge thing just happened to you it is bound to have an impact on you but as we all say time will help you through it.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Long couple of weeks. Lots of progress on numerous projects. Weather has been pretty nice here. Maybe it will hold out for just one more day. Marie is finally back together and ready to pick up where the Blue Nose left off a month ago. Tomorrow (weather permitting) will be a Mustang kind of day. The Blue Nose and Marie will be protecting those enemy lines.

20181027_144704.jpg 20181027_144711.jpg
20181027_144728.jpg

Hate the spinner but it is all I could locate on such short notice. It will work I guess. Other than that, everything else checks out real good. I think she will be just fine. Hopefully she will survive long enough for me to get the big "Stang" up and flying.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Long couple of weeks. Lots of progress on numerous projects. Weather has been pretty nice here. Maybe it will hold out for just one more day. Marie is finally back together and ready to pick up where the Blue Nose left off a month ago. Tomorrow (weather permitting) will be a Mustang kind of day. The Blue Nose and Marie will be protecting those enemy lines.

View attachment 106474 View attachment 106475 View attachment 106476

Hate the spinner but it is all I could locate on such short notice. It will work I guess. Other than that, everything else checks out real good. I think she will be just fine. Hopefully she will survive long enough for me to get the big "Stang" up and flying.
Very nice! Mikey like.
:yesss:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

View attachment 106474 View attachment 106475 View attachment 106476

Nice looking plane, at least it will get back into flying planes with a heavier wing loading and not so forgiving. Good practice for the big one.
How is the radio doing need a up date.

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Actually, the wing loading is way less on Marie than ole Blue nose. Marie comes in at a whopping 16 pounds. While the little guy is right under 11 if I remember correctly. 78" vs. 65". And actually Marie is considerably far more forgiving. She's quite high spirited. But incredibly well behaved. At least this is what I remember from the last time I flew her. Which was five some years ago. No, couldn't get her in the air today as planned. The threat of storms and rain kept me at bay. Winds were gusting to 17 across the run way. Not a good time to attempt a re-maiden. But I did get her fired up and man she sounds great. I expect the big Stang is going to be very manageable. Yes a bit heavier. But far more stable. The rule of thumb I've found to be an absolute with no questions of doubt is, bigger planes just simply fly better. That's all there is to it. My 50cc Edge flew dang good. Butt load of fun. My 100cc Edge is just as much fun and every bit as capable as my 50cc was. But so much more stable it can't even compare. My sons big PAU Edge is even more stable, responsive and able to do anything the smaller ones can do. Out sizing and out weighing both of them by a ton. It just flies better and is more stable.