• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

emtp275

100cc
I've got v1 on my Slick, and no issues, but I have read several post like yours, doesn't give me that warm fuzzy filling.
yea I have V1 on the slick and the 50cc extra, I have beat that extra pretty good though and nothing other than a burned out servo so far thank God i found it before it locked up

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
@stangflyer, Try This next time out. The true Definition of a Rolling Circle ( One complete Roll, in one Complete Circle) 1/4 roll in 1/4 of the circle, same altitude through out, and finish exactly where you started the maneuver. One of the best at this very precise maneuver I had ever seen do it in competition was Chip Hyde. I met him years ago at a Big Bird fly in, at Love field Greely Colo.

I haven't seen many people do them clean and precise like that. They are so pretty when done the right way. But hey, I am just an Idaho spud wanna be 3D hucker. I doubt I will ever be able to do them the right way. LOL

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
What I noticed about my V1's was I tightened them when I installed them, but a few weeks later I needed to go over them again because the center screw was tight, but it was loose on the splines. After that they've been good.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I haven't seen many people do them clean and precise like that. They are so pretty when done the right way. But hey, I am just an Idaho spud wanna be 3D hucker. I doubt I will ever be able to do them the right way. LOL

Come to Cornhuck and we'll show ya some clean rolling circles and loops (or at least jake will and I'll try my best). Agreed, the best ones are one roll per circle. When learning I actually found one roll loops were easier with proper elevation.....that back half coming down can get hairy until you git it down.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm at our field one day watching the clubs best 3D guy Ryan Mowry doing low rolling harrier circles and one of the club know it alls starts telling me "well that's good and all, but you know those guys always roll the same direction". My reply was "well Glen if you notice he's changing the roll direction every 1/4 of the circle". I think it was the first time he didn't have a smart comment.;)

Every time I see the guy fly I want to put my planes in a pile, pour my leftover fuel on them and toss in a match.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
One other top notch flyer I learned some great 3D tips from is Garret Morrison, I met him at the Rally of the Giants at Gillette Wyo. Watching Him torque roll his 150cc Yak just inches off the Deck for over a minute or two was awesome. My 11 ft. Australian Nomad , that I dropped 4 huge Skydivers from, and built by Bob Chitwood from Gillette Wyo. and rebuilt and recovered by myself and a close friend was one of the featured planes in the Rally of the Giants 2001 video Picture 434.jpg jerry-5.jpg The Australian Nomad with the four Radio controlled Sky Divers weighed in at 38 lb. Each Sky diver had two tether lines, one to arm the receiver, and one to open the chute. We let the kids in the stands draw numbers from a hat to see you got to control the Sky Divers on the way down. Also used it to drop candy 12lbs. of candy and each piece had a colored 6" crate paper ribbon hot glued to it. When droped it looked like a multi colored slurry drop, and made the candy easier to find out in the field LOL!!! I just love to fly and am always trying to improve my skills. I am not the best nor am I the worst, just love to fly:yesss:

Last edited: