• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Astrohog;16937 wrote: HAHA! I was within a mile of the field and just drove on by because I KNEW with that wind, there would be nobody there!

I can't believe you passed on an opportunity to practice reverse-windy flying! LOL

Regards,

Astro

No kidding right? Years ago, we learned how to land "Harrier" style in the wind. Pretty crazy taking off and landing like a helicopter.:fist-pump-and-yes-s

I went out 1 day last week, and hoping to get my 157 AIS tuned up and all. Stinkin muffler come loose again. I tighten it up, and thunk! Whoops!! There go all the threads in the manifold. Come down to it, and the 1 muffler bolt was about 2 threads too long. A simple lock washer would have cured it all! Thats what I get for taking the previous owners word. Shoulda checked it myself..... Oh well. Not my worry now!

Engine runs like a horse on the top end, slightly lean on the bottom, due to the exhaust leak....... :) But, my 3W/JLE 164 is on, and soon to have a 30x13 Falcon for it! :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok...so I woke up this morning. Looked outside and it was so bright and pretty. I just couldn't waste a day like today. I loaded up the 260 and headed for the field. A little breezy when I arrived, but by around 1:30 or so, wind died down to basically just a nice little landing speed breeze. Oh yeah.... Blenders, knife edge spins and hovering. Then of course my friend Chris just "HAD" to show me up. Is all good though. Beautiful day of flying....
D2B_5790.jpg

D2B_5816.jpg

D2B_5818.jpg

D2B_5819.jpg

D2B_5820.jpg

D2B_5853.jpg

D2B_5893.jpg

D2B_5901.jpg

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
stangflyer said
Ok...so I woke up this morning. Looked outside and it was so bright and pretty. I just couldn't waste a day like today. I loaded up the 260 and headed for the field. A little breezy when I arrived, but by around 1:30 or so, wind died down to basically just a nice little landing speed breeze. Oh yeah.... Blenders, knife edge spins and hovering. Then of course my friend Chris just "HAD" to show me up. Is all good though. Beautiful day of flying....
D2B_5790.jpg

D2B_5816.jpg

D2B_5818.jpg

D2B_5819.jpg

D2B_5820.jpg

D2B_5853.jpg

D2B_5893.jpg

D2B_5901.jpg
Awesome.  That is what it is all about.

Mikeq

150cc
Nice pics Rob, I've never been to Idaho.... it looks a little like desert with mountains in the background. Obviously a beautiful state and maybe someday we can make a motorcycle trip through there on the way to or from Washington.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Mikeq said
Nice pics Rob, I've never been to Idaho.... it looks a little like desert with mountains in the background. Obviously a beautiful state and maybe someday we can make a motorcycle trip through there on the way to or from Washington.
Hey thanks Mike. It really is very pretty here. Our field is about 10 miles from downtown Boise. Give or take.... Plenty of mountains and green hill sides... Out in the desert, ya ain't gots no worries for altitude, noise, or really any boundaries. Just follow AMA and club rules and yer good to go. I think you should make it a special point to look me up on your way through. Heck, might just as well plan for Wentachee Huckfest next year. 
nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Patroller said
Hey I like those photos, they look pretty good. I wonder who took them.
dancing-chicken.gif

ME!
Gee....ya think? You're pretty good with that high dollar camera of yours. Too bad you don't fly as good as you take pictures. LMAO....J/K. It was really great to fly with you today. Guess being away from that other field has given me a chance to appreciate flying for fun again. NO DRAMA PLEASE. LOL

Yes it is Eric.... That's truly what it's all about.
brian-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Ernie offered to take some pics of me flying with my camera. It's hard to get the good shots though unless you bring the plane down to the deck, as you know. I am still chicken to get anywhere close to as low as Chris was today. Unless it's with my twisted hobbies foamy. I was happy practicing my waterfalls, knife edge spins and pop tops up at 800 feet. Or at least it seemed that high. 

I am glad I made it out today. Darn good day of flying. I have a replacement tailwheel coming for the one that got jambed again today and would not let the wheel turn. There was absolutely no way I was going to let that stop me from flying. Though it did grind down the rubber pretty good trying to taxi around.
sf-cool.gif

reyn3545

100cc
I'm with you, Patroller.

Doing anything below 20 feet, other than landing, usually means I'm going to be building another plane soon... I'm actually doing that now after a mistake a few weeks ago.