• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hmm sitting here upgrading my 50cc to high voltage setup....I had 2 A123s powering the RX...thinking about just going to one 7.4 v 2200 lipo to keep it light... Of course I have a separate pack for the ignition....

On the 32 center 330SC I am going to do 2 2200 lipos for everything. Looking at putting the new Futaba R7018SB receiver in it.

garlandk

100cc
On the 32 center 330SC I am going to do 2 2200 lipos for everything. Looking at putting the new Futaba R7018SB receiver in it.
I pulled the 2 A123s out and one switch out and the smart-fly board...If I go with just one lipo 2200 and one switch and just a 8 channel RX I would only save half a pound...which is not bad. Of course I have a separate pack for the ignition.

Got the wings upgraded today. Now onto finishing the fuse.

Hope to do some night flying next week!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
2 2200 Lipo's? Cool...you'll have to let me know how your mah useage is. I am running two 2600 Relion's on my lil purple Edge. Plenty of electrons to get at least ten to twelve flights before then need to be charged. It would be nice to compared notes Kelly.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
2 2200 Lipo's? Cool...you'll have to let me know how your mah useage is. I am running two 2600 Relion's on my lil purple Edge. Plenty of electrons to get at least ten to twelve flights before then need to be charged. It would be nice to compared notes Kelly.

Hello Rob...I have been running 2 2200 Lipo's for everything in my "purple" ever since I converted it to HV 3 rears ago. I put 6 flights on it at different sessions (2 or 3 I think) and each flight was about 10-12 minutes. Had almost 2200 Mah left between the 2 packs! This of course is going through the "pro" Smart Fly board. The ignition is supplied through the board as well. No optical. Just a Rcexl cut off. Never had an issue. Of the two packs one is always about 250 Mah lower than the other. The packs are under the braced cross mount.

Photo285.jpg Photo284.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yup, here too. Been raining for two days. And the forecast says double that still left to come. UGH!!!!!! I guess it's time I had another talk with the nice lady of weather. GRRR......