• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Mikeq

150cc
bigblueswope;11355 wrote: I've been told the Value Hobby foamies are just as good and way cheaper. The buddy who recommended the VH foamie, [MENTION=469]Yak Attack[/MENTION], is an amazing pilot so I'm inclined to believe him, but I want to try his VH foamie before I pull the trigger.

Okay...I will check them out also...

Mikeq

150cc
Yakman;11365 wrote: I've stopped losing planes when i switched to JR...

I started out with Futaba then several Spektrums and JR...I currently use a Futaba 14SG , Futaba 12FG and a JR 11X....all have there good points and bad....I was all about JR and the bind and fly stuff but now they changed protocols rendering all my receivers useless if I ever change transmitters,,,so I'm soured off JR for now... The only crashes I had due to signal lost has been with Spektrum receiver low voltage issues...It's been well documented and Spektrum acknowledged the problems at the time...even came up with capacitors to plug into your receiver to protect from the low voltage signal loss...

Yakman

70cc twin V2
I needed a new radio and my gal got this 10x with 2, 955 receivers. Has worked great the last 2 years. Not gonna complain, since it a b-day gift.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Wow, open a thread about "going out flying" and read about this radio is better than that. Get back to work...er um I mean flying. :cocksure:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It's a forum what do you expect!!!!!!!

I fly Futaba now. Too much nonsense with everybody else.

Mikeq

150cc
bigblueswope;11355 wrote: I've been told the Value Hobby foamies are just as good and way cheaper. The buddy who recommended the VH foamie, [MENTION=469]Yak Attack[/MENTION], is an amazing pilot so I'm inclined to believe him, but I want to try his VH foamie before I pull the trigger.

Just checked them out...ordered a 32 inch edge 540, motor, esc, servos, prop and battery....with shipping 74 bucks. I read several of the reviews where it was compared with the CY and found to be just as good. I needed a backyard foamy to stay in practice...my work schedule this summer has been hectic not allowing much time to fly...

jaybird

70cc twin V2

Idk man. I've built/flown both and really think the crack planes are worth the extra $. I built a MXS C(rack) a few weeks ago and am loving it.

jaybird;11402 wrote: Idk man. I've built/flown both and really think the crack planes are worth the extra $. I built a MXS C(rack) a few weeks ago and am loving it.

For $74 it can't hurt to give it a try. That CY today was just amazing in how it would respond, instantly, to every input. Watching other people fly the plane I was all "Damn, they're a great pilot!" but after flying one to today I realized that it is largely how great the plane is.

I'll be testing both a CY and a VH knock off tomorrow night. I'll report back what I find.