• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Mikeq;11415 wrote: After filling my shopping cart I realized I got pretty much everything I needed for not much more than the CY airframe cost...I cant imagine any major difference in the two airframes other than the price...so if someone can... please enlighten me...

Now Bigblueswope be honest in your critique after you fly both even if the CY seems to fly better tell us if you think it's worth the difference in price...

So, I've flown 2 crack yaks and 1 value hobby knock off. One CY was sweet flying and probably worth it. But it has some Hitec HS-65 servos in it which were probably a big factor in it. The other CY was using slower and less powerful so it wasn't that much better than the VH.

It's hard to not go with the VH.

Mikeq

150cc
bigblueswope;13087 wrote: So, I've flown 2 crack yaks and 1 value hobby knock off. One CY was sweet flying and probably worth it. But it has some Hitec HS-65 servos in it which were probably a big factor in it. The other CY was using slower and less powerful so it wasn't that much better than the VH.

It's hard to not go with the VH.

Thanks bigblueswope...my "cheap foamy" is on its way and when I get her together and airborne I will I'm sure enjoy flying it...

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Xpress;13059 wrote: Let me know how that Hyperbipe flies, it's got my curiosity..

I only got in one flight after flying the Swift a few times. The Swift is so much slower that the Hyperbipe caught me off guard. It wasn't trimmed out yet so it sort of skidded out of site as I was trying to get it straight but it's pretty quick and was nice and straight by the time it landed. From what I've read they don't last very long as the leading edge of the bottom wing has a big cutout where the aileron servos go and the bottom wings are known to snap there. The mod people do is to lay some carbon fiber across the area so maybe I'll do that at some point. I think I'm going to the park again in the morning, I'll post more after that.

The Swift is from TechOne and it flies OK though I think mine needs a couple of degrees of up thrust in the motor mount. The ESC I'm using is crap so that's gotta be changed also.

Foamies are fun.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It was a great day for flying this morning. About 65 degrees until about 9:00 a.m. And then only about upper 70's to lower 80's until around noon. I took the 260 out to burn a little gas and dance with the scattered clouds. The 157CS was blazing out ponies and chomping on the bit to let her go. The more I fly this plane, the more I am convinced I will never fly anything small again. So forgiving and so capable at the same time. It far exceeds my capabilities that's for sure. But, just too darn fun to not fly it. I hate to admit it, but I am seriously considering making this my everyday flyer. Nothing wrong with that right? A few pictures were taken while I was there. Thought I would share.

13195=6315-Hovering 260.jpg
13195=6315-Hovering 260.jpg
13195=6316-Inverted 260.jpg
13195=6316-Inverted 260.jpg
13195=6317-Taxi of the 260.jpg
13195=6317-Taxi of the 260.jpg

Yakman

70cc twin V2
What a great day to be out flying, gentle breeze and 72 is the temp. And i'm the only person there. Made a half dozen flights, so im good with it.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Tempted to throw a couple packs on the chargers and go huck the Juka at the school tonight....