• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Well all I can do for now is get the 104 to Foley this weekend. At least the weather has been super cooperative.

Wont be making H.O.W after all :( but I will keep flying with all you here on GSN:).
Why aren't you going to HOW?

It's only 3 hours from Foley.

No landing fee.

Free camping if you are going to spend the night.

You could just day trip it.

BJ Swope

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well enough about down and out over my wanted to do H.O.W trip........It has been clear sunny skies. Cooler temps with high's in middle to lower 70's! And will remain as such throughout the weekend! :fist_pump:.

I'm all "onboard" with @Xpress

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Weather promises to be nice tomorrow. A certain wicked purple Edge is all charged and ready for blast off. Got the new RCEXL ignition replaced on the big orange bird. Looks like I will be heading to the field bright and early in the morning. Gotta do some flying with my buddy Tom before he heads back to the desert across the ocean. He did up a real unique setup on a new Pilot 330sc, 50cc. Saito 57cc gas twin. Will try to get videos of the maiden.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I'm ready for the morning too! Charged then packed it in the van earlier!

0913151142-00.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Although quite breezy today, my friend Tom Joyce and I headed for the field to blast some planes around. We had a really great time considering the wind. He brought his new Pilot 30% Extra 330SC equipped with a miniature Harley Davidson. No, not really. Actually a Saito 57cc gas twin. Sounds pretty cool though. I took my wailing plane. The more I fly that 37% Purple beast, the more I look like an excellent pilot. Lmao. Truthfully, I really think Tony Tan automatically built stupid proof into that plane just for me. It wI'll do anything I am capable of doing. Including picture perfect 3 point harrier landings. Lol.

Here's a quick video of Tom's maiden.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Although quite breezy today, my friend Tom Joyce and I headed for the field to blast some planes around. We had a really great time considering the wind. He brought his new Pilot 30% Extra 330SC equipped with a miniature Harley Davidson. No, not really. Actually a Saito 57cc gas twin. Sounds pretty cool though. I took my wailing plane. The more I fly that 37% Purple beast, the more I look like an excellent pilot. Lmao. Truthfully, I really think Tony Tan automatically built stupid proof into that plane just for me. It wI'll do anything I am capable of doing. Including picture perfect 3 point harrier landings. Lol.

Here's a quick video of Tom's maiden.

Was really windy today down here too 10-20 knots. Got a couple of good tuning flights at the "Strip". Hope tomorrow is a bit more calm cuz I am ready to bring this beast to the deck. Engine ran great!

That Saito was sweet sounding! Looked liked it pulled that extra just fine!

Now lets talk PURPLE!...... Purple talk Purple talk Purple talk AWESOME!:D