• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Was really windy today down here too 10-20 knots. Got a couple of good tuning flights at the "Strip". Hope tomorrow is a bit more calm cuz I am ready to bring this beast to the deck. Engine ran great!

That Saito was sweet sounding! Looked liked it pulled that extra just fine!

Now lets talk PURPLE!...... Purple talk Purple talk Purple talk AWESOME!:D
Talk purple? I think it's the color purple cuz I know I ain't that wickedly awesome behind the sticks. Oh wait...maybe cuz it's a "Purple Pilot"!!!:yesss::yesss::yesss:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm taking my Carf Extra 330L flying tomorrow for the first time in over a year!

20130803_153521_resized_2.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm taking my Carf Extra 330L flying tomorrow for the first time in over a year!

View attachment 43225
Daymn....that's purdy. But if I didn't take one of my girls out in over a year, they'd be super p***ed at me.

I'm taking the Big Orange Bird tomorrow. That is if the weather cooperates. Rain was in the foreast.

Have an awesome time tomorrow. And bring that beauty back just like ya took her out.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Doing my normal Sunday breakfast with my lil girl, then off to the field. Rained yesterday...a bit threatening today...but can't disappoint the Big Orange Bird. She wants to....fly. And so do I!
:woohoo!:
Ya'll have a great day today. An' if'n ya'll are goin' flyin'.....keep 'em airborne.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well the old Carf Extra still flies! :fist_pump:

It was pretty nice at the field when I first got there. Kind of cold, but no wind, and sunny, so a sweatshirt was all you needed. There were only three of us there today. Just the same Sunday diehards.

I had to get the Carf to the field at least once this year to celebrate it's 10th birthday. The GP61 was a little hard to start after sitting over a year, but once it fired it purred like a kitten. That thing makes really good power, and idles just as smooth as can be, and it really liked the cool dry air today.

The wind picked up quite a bit around 11:00, but was blowing right down the North South runway so it wasn't an issue other than making it cold enough I needed a coat. The weather man was wrong again....... big surprise.

20151018_122711_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well the old Carf Extra still flies! :fist_pump:

It was pretty nice at the field when I first got there. Kind of cold, but no wind, and sunny, so a sweatshirt was all you needed. There were only three of us there today. Just the same Sunday diehards.

I had to get the Carf to the field at least once this year to celebrate it's 10th birthday. The GP61 was a little hard to start after sitting over a year, but once it fired it purred like a kitten. That thing makes really good power, and idles just as smooth as can be, and it really liked the cool dry air today.

The wind picked up quite a bit around 11:00, but was blowing right down the North South runway so it wasn't an issue other than making it cold enough I needed a coat. The weather man was wrong again....... big surprise.

View attachment 43258
Yay...always good to hear a success story. Our weather man was also wrong. Quite a bit of cloud cover. But no wind. No rain. And upper 60's. Made for some terrific flying weather. The big Sukhoi showed her smooth and silky graces once again. I just love that plane for relaxed precision Sundays! Got four looong flights on her today. The RCEXL ignition performed flawlessly. I also am so pleased with the new Graupner MZ24 installed for guidance. Just an awesome day of flying.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got to Foley at noon and darn it was really :on_the_go:windy but out of the north / north east and down the runway until I landed on my second flight. Very strong dead east cross wind.
Caused a wheel pant to crack that beautiful clear coat a bit:(. I would say steady 15-20 and gust close to 25. Made for an excited after noon:gnashing:. Did get some nice HA KE down lower but the deck stuff was left out for today cuz the wind. Still enjoyed the DA 120! Yep.....I flew the engine today and not the plane lol. It was awesome!