• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Great day at the field today! Could not have been better! Big gassers and Big fun! Electrics too! Three RC buddies flying the new QQ 300 with gyro stabilization. I flew my 104 and YES:eek: a Hexcopter. Thought I was getting some cool vid but when time to load the file it came out as "corrupted"o_O. Some shots of todays fun.........:)

Kellys EF 104.png Kellys Hexcopter.png Derecks Edge.png Korean Sukhoi.png Lorens Edge.png Marcos PAU Extra.png Pau Extra 300SC.png Kelly\'s 104.png

4DigitHP

50cc
Great day at the field today! Could not have been better! Big gassers and Big fun! Electrics too! Three RC buddies flying the new QQ 300 with gyro stabilization. I flew my 104 and YES:eek: a Hexcopter. Thought I was getting some cool vid but when time to load the file it came out as "corrupted"o_O. Some shots of todays fun.........:)

View attachment 44910 View attachment 44911 View attachment 44912 View attachment 44913 View attachment 44914 View attachment 44915 View attachment 44916 View attachment 44917

That many people show up the fly in the middle of the week ? We have to put on an event to get that many people show up. On a normal weekend we have 5 guys show up.

On the hunt for 1000WHP

BalsaDust

image.jpg

So I decided to try out the little edge profile I built on 4S power over the 3S I normally fly it on. It had way more power than it needed so on 4S it's absolutely nuts. It become one very responsive and loose bird and I liked it. Snaps are very violent now.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I think @ericrs might think he needs a DA in his next plane [emoji1]. My "new to me" DA 70 runs like a charm. That EF 91" is the best flying plane I've ever flown. It tracks like a dream, and the elevator authority will make it stand up on its tail quite quickly!
I had a pipe slip out of the coupler on the third flight so it put an end to the fun, but it was sure fun while it lasted. EF definitely has made a keeper with this plane!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I think @ericrs might think he needs a DA in his next plane [emoji1]. My "new to me" DA 70 runs like a charm. That EF 91" is the best flying plane I've ever flown. It tracks like a dream, and the elevator authority will make it stand up on its tail quite quickly!
I had a pipe slip out of the coupler on the third flight so it put an end to the fun, but it was sure fun while it lasted. EF definitely has made a keeper with this plane!

That's funny because a very good friend had his pipe slip out too on his 88" EF Edge. I'm still "dialing in " my EF 104. Lateral balance is way off. Need to add about 2 oz of weight to the right wing tip. Did my first High Alpha KE on the deck with it Wednesday. My friend thought I was being to "risky". I had all the confidence in the world. This is the best KE plane I have ever owned. Just need to get my balance issues worked out. Oh! and taming down the DA120 a bit. IMHO the 104 is definitely "overpowered" with it.