• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

I could not agree more about flying them........ But I am going to be a bad ass video guy one day! The "perspective" achieved in video is awesome. I have been practicing and can keep the camera positioned at my subject while flying around it 360 degrees multiple times in very calm weather. I need to build a powerful one though to combat the wind and can do it fairly inexpensively. I am just not ever going to flop out over a grand for one though.
Sounds like the perfect machine to video camp site shenanigans at Nall next year!:lol2::yesss:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Had some shenanigans with the Multiplex Rockstar today...

20151114_102531_019.jpg

getting ready to build 3 more of them. We could work something out if you wanted one. How close to VA are you. Might be able to meet up and let you fly mine and see if you like it.
Would love to do that but about 3 hours from Petersburg so It would have to be a purpose trip up for a whole days flying. My in-laws live in the Richmond area and maybe one of those trips up I could step out for a couple of hours one Saturday;). I'll let you know if I'm up that way. Would love to meet and fly with you folks!

BalsaDust

Would love to do that but about 3 hours from Petersburg so It would have to be a purpose trip up for a whole days flying. My in-laws live in the Richmond area and maybe one of those trips up I could step out for a couple of hours one Saturday;). I'll let you know if I'm up that way. Would love to meet and fly with you folks!

That would work. Currently I work nights so if your ever this way during the week I can make time in the middle of the day to fly for a bit.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
That's funny because a very good friend had his pipe slip out too on his 88" EF Edge. I'm still "dialing in " my EF 104. Lateral balance is way off. Need to add about 2 oz of weight to the right wing tip. Did my first High Alpha KE on the deck with it Wednesday. My friend thought I was being to "risky". I had all the confidence in the world. This is the best KE plane I have ever owned. Just need to get my balance issues worked out. Oh! and taming down the DA120 a bit. IMHO the 104 is definitely "overpowered" with it.

I have the EF 104 as well with a DA 120, cans, and a CF prop - power is totally insane! If I nail it on takeoff it jumps off the ground in about 5-10 feet if that much! I thought the EF 88" Extra flew well, but the EF 104 is a sweet flying plane. Not sure you will tame the DA 120 down though. What a combo! :D

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I just got back from the field. The wind was rediculous. I did get one flight in and beat the snot out of my Comp ARF Extra 330. You really shouldn't be that mean to a 10 year old airplane, but that is what they're for.;)

Since the wind was bad I spent the whole flight trying different ways to do a Lomcovak. The airplane is very heavy so it has a lot of energy. I got it to look pretty cool a few times.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Was a bit windy and a shifting NE to SE cross wind but not all that hard blowing. 10-15 5-10 at times and settled to 5 as the sun started going down. Had my Purple Beater and had a blast. Got some really tight crankshafts and a multitude of wind-up shenanigans:). Last flight when the wind settled down I was on the deck with a hover and when I looked at the tail it was if the rudder tip was stuck in the ground! Heard someone shout out....."Hey! his butt's all puckered!" Made me giggle a bit but me butt stayed puckered:banana-dance:.