• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Here we go again!! It is another absolutely gorgeous day out!! Maybe 3mph wind if that even, kinda hard to believe for SW Kansas!!! I got my li'l purple beast out, and we're doing some flying!!
727576078fd49923f397b94520daa99e.jpg
Heeeeey.....that is a cool lookin' plane ya got there. Where'd ya get that? Bet she flies pretty good huh? :laughing:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
No body flies with gyros. If they have one in the plane the gyro is doing the flying.
Sorry man but I'm going to have to get on my soap box on this one. It's a gyro NOT an autopilot.

Everybody loves to hate on gyros and most have never used a good one, or any at all for that matter. I have a Bavarian Demon Cortex in the Green 30% Edge in my avatar. It doesn't fly the airplane for me, but it does make a 30% size airplane fly like it's much bigger. The airplane is smoother and at the same time can be just as wild as ever. It makes the Edge much more enjoyable to fly. There is nothing that I do with that airplane with the gyro turned on, that I can't do with it off. Does it make me look better flying that airplane? Yes it does. But I can fly my Carf Extra just as good and smooth without a gyro, because it's a much smoother flying airframe to start with.

Everyone hates on gyros, but they all use expo and mixing to make their planes fly better. A gyro is a stabilization device, nothing more. You can't do a slow roll just by giving it a little aileron. Guys at my field actually think that. If you can't do one without a gyro, you can't do one with one either.

Not all of us can get hundreds of flights in a year. Between airplanes and helicopters I only had about 80 total last year. If a piece of technology is going to make my time flying more enjoyable I'm going to use it. I'll get off my soap box now.;)

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just got back from you know where! It is still in one piece!!!! I'm a happy camper :pink_epic:.

Pretty gusty today though like the day when the incidence in the stab was making me look o so foolish.

Well. 10-15 and gust's over 20 did not even phase it! No gyro either. But I also flew my QQ300 with the gyro and it did awesome in the same wind conditions! I think I may have to put one in a gasser. I can do harrier rolls with the QQ300 down low. I can do crappy harrier rolls up high with out a gyro.....Think I might have to try an Aura8 in My new plane and "FEEL"
the difference with my Futaba radio :D.

0220161647-00.jpg
0220161647-01.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just got back from you know where! It is still in one piece!!!! I'm a happy camper :pink_epic:.

Pretty gusty today though like the day when the incidence in the stab was making me look o so foolish.

Well. 10-15 and gust's over 20 did not even phase it! No gyro either. But I also flew my QQ300 with the gyro and it did awesome in the same wind conditions! I think I may have to put one in a gasser. I can do harrier rolls with the QQ300 down low. I can do crappy harrier rolls up high with out a gyro.....Think I might have to try an Aura8 in My new plane and "FEEL"
the difference with my Futaba radio :D.

View attachment 51079 View attachment 51080
Good for you Kelly. Very happy you got out and flew. And without a gyro even. Wow!:spongebob:

I also got to take my Baby out for a few spins. Sunny, but breezy and chilly. Got three good long flights on her. She did impeccable. My cold numb thumbs however didn't want to cooperate on the last landing. I figured I better call it good before I fubar'd her up again. It sure was nice to see that big blue bird slowly harriering down to a straight up hover. And look ma, no gyro for me either.:woohoo!: