• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

BalsaDust

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Took this purdy little thing for a spin today. Got two fun flights on it. Very different from most slabs due to the airfoil and less wing area from a normal slab this size. Flew great though and can't wait to get it out again.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It wasn't the rain that was stopping me, it was the dark skies and wind. That and the fact that it wasn't even 60 degrees outside. Even with a coat on, I about froze my A__ off. . . . . :laughing:

BalsaDust

It wasn't the rain that was stopping me, it was the dark skies and wind. That and the fact that it wasn't even 60 degrees outside. Even with a coat on, I about froze my A__ off. . . . . :laughing:

Yeah it was kinda chilly today. I was lucky when I learned to fly. A buddy taught me to fly on his multiplex funcub and he didn't care if it was windy he forced me to fly it. I think only the second day I had ever flown and still on a buddy box we where flying in 15-20mph winds. His reasoning, "you learn to fly in the wind and you will never be affraid to fly in the wind". He was right as well. He also wouldn't solo me until I learned take off and land in both directions and make left hand and right hand circuits in the air. It drives me crazy now when I get to the field and people are unwilling to fly because the wind is coming down the wrong end of the runway.

BalsaDust

Maiden flight

Second flight.

I realize I really need to work on my throttle control as I'm blipping the throttle way to much. Also this plane is incredibly stable in a Harrier though it may not look it half the time in these videos. The field I'm at always has a crosswind as well as me getting used to the feel of those servos on 7.4V over the usual 6V so they are crazy fast compared to normal.

Got out this morning with the Big Stick between what I thought would be rain spells. Grass was a little wet, but when you have the time off, you got to do what you got to do. It was cloudy the whole time I flew but the weatherman said more rain was on the way. Looking outside now and it is just a little cloudy. I am wondering what he saw coming! Whatever it was went somewhere else.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Loving this airplane all over again! Low end is a bit lean so I'll get that straightened out tonight, and get my baffles in. But she flies awesome, so much lighter, throttle responds quick.

20160521_100056.jpg

Why didn't I slap mufflers and a 27x11 on sooner... o_O:confused: