• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

RJ 706

70cc twin V2
Didn't fly today, but I did spend most of the day visiting Al and Kevin at Jtec/Radiowave in their high tech facility hidden away in Mooresville, NC.
Always a great pleasure to roam through their shop and see new things in the works.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Didn't fly today, but I did spend most of the day visiting Al and Kevin at Jtec/Radiowave in their high tech facility hidden away in Mooresville, NC.
Always a great pleasure to roam through their shop and see new things in the works.

:I_agree:. I don't think I have thanked them enough for helping me solve a muffler issue on my last build.

So........THANK YOU! Kevin and Al........It performs beyond expectation.....
20160506_214401.jpg
20160506_214419.jpg

Club meeting tomorrow so I think flying is going to second to burger flipping for the bunch!

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Should have bought a MDS. LOL

Choke, flip, flip, pop, unchoke, flip, flip, vroom. Every time. Very reliable engine, now at 8 or so years of reliability. Upgraded to a A123 battery, added kill switch and new fuel tank. Low idle was off. One of those items will be the culprit.

BalsaDust

That sucks though. We screw with one of the older guys in our club that has a couple MDS engines and we always will say here comes that mostly dead stick plane. 9 times out of 10 he has to deadstick the plane.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
That DLE 20 I have on my Edge profile has blown me out of the water......started it once about 3 years ago(on a different plane, new engine, maiden flight, crash), it sat until about 3 weeks ago. Didn't touch the needles....Thing primed right up (full throttle/choke on/ignition off), choke on/ignition on, popped on the second flip, choke off, one flip it fired right up!! I actually scared me because it fired up so fast. Did one flight, let it sit for an hour or so, second flight: no choke, fired up on the second flip....amazing!!