• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I bought a used 3W75 from a guy. It had been sitting in a barn for several years. 100+ and -0 weather covered in dust. I bought a carb kit from Gerhard and installed it. Choke on flip flip flip pop. Choke off flip flip vroom. Runs great.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Choke, flip, flip, pop, unchoke, flip, flip, vroom. Every time. Very reliable engine, now at 8 or so years of reliability. Upgraded to a A123 battery, added kill switch and new fuel tank. Low idle was off. One of those items will be the culprit.

Hey David,

You may not be aware of this but the ignition systems for some of the older 3W's are only rated for 4.8 volts. I hope the A123 didn't damage your ignition module.

BalsaDust

That DLE 20 I have on my Edge profile has blown me out of the water......started it once about 3 years ago(on a different plane, new engine, maiden flight, crash), it sat until about 3 weeks ago. Didn't touch the needles....Thing primed right up (full throttle/choke on/ignition off), choke on/ignition on, popped on the second flip, choke off, one flip it fired right up!! I actually scared me because it fired up so fast. Did one flight, let it sit for an hour or so, second flight: no choke, fired up on the second flip....amazing!!

Lucky you. Mine runs great but I have had to use the starter to get it running.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Lucky you. Mine runs great but I have had to use the starter to get it running.

I'm still running it a bit rich, but it has a slight mid range dead spot and it is right at the hover sweet spot. Gonna get a few more flights on it and retune a bit.....and hope I don't screw up the easy starting

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey David,

You may not be aware of this but the ignition systems for some of the older 3W's are only rated for 4.8 volts. I hope the A123 didn't damage your ignition module.

My 106iB2 has always had a 6 volt nimh battery, I assumed 6.6 volts would be fine. Could be the issue. A check at Aircraft International shows I should be fine.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Had a very fun morning at the Yuma Aeromodelers club, though I am starting to realize I need to tweak a few things on the Slick. Love that DA70!

20160528_083021.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The weather is supposed to be good tomorrow. I was going to take my Composite ARF Extra , but it's got some issues so I'm taking my Pilot Edge. The weatherman hasn't been worth a darn guessing the wind lately, so hopefully tomorrow will be good.