• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Kinda windy today but who cares I'm gonna enjoy a couple hours of sunshine at the field with some slab action.
Windy here too. Instead of driving a half hour to watch the wind blow I think I'll put my Composite ARF Extra in the truck and take it to the shop and test run the rebuilt carburetor.

Our club is looking into getting a weather station for the field so you can check the wind before you make the trip. :)

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
have a link to the product you're installing? that's pretty cool. uses cell phone network i guess?
I'm not sure what the plan is at this point. They looked into it a few years ago and decided not to do it, but recently voted to go ahead. I don't know if this one is cell based, or if they're going to use an Internet service. If I find out what equipment they're using, I'll let you know.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I'm not sure what the plan is at this point. They looked into it a few years ago and decided not to do it, but recently voted to go ahead. I don't know if this one is cell based, or if they're going to use an Internet service. If I find out what equipment they're using, I'll let you know.

let's get a thread going, i'd be curious to learn more. that's pretty cool being able to get a weather report specifically from the flying field. a lot of general aviation airports have dial up weather reporting, it's just a matter of finding the number and calling it. but for everyone else that isn't close enough to an airport for it to help, a station at the club field is a great feature to have in place.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
let's get a thread going, i'd be curious to learn more. that's pretty cool being able to get a weather report specifically from the flying field. a lot of general aviation airports have dial up weather reporting, it's just a matter of finding the number and calling it. but for everyone else that isn't close enough to an airport for it to help, a station at the club field is a great feature to have in place.
One of my flying buddies was heading the project along with doing the website and several other things for the club, but was having some family issues and also feeling a little abused by the club so he pulled out. I'm not sure who's running it now, but I'll find out what I can.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
We just recently updated our weather station at the field. I believe it utilizes a WIFI connection. It is the "bomb". Especially since the previous system worked when "it" felt like it.

If anyone is interested, I could find out what system Brian went with. I can post the info. here if it helps.

Thing about our field is, it's in wide open country, so there is always some sort of wind. Except early morning. So ya gotz to learn to love flying with some sort of breeze.

Really nice thing is, it is very smart phone friendly.

www.barks.us

Check it out.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
We just recently updated our weather station at the field. I believe it utilizes a WIFI connection. It is the "bomb". Especially since the previous system worked when "it" felt like it.

If anyone is interested, I could find out what system Brian went with. I can post the info. here if it helps.

Thing about our field is, it's in wide open country, so there is always some sort of wind. Except early morning. So ya gotz to learn to love flying with some sort of breeze.

Really nice thing is, it is very smart phone friendly.

www.barks.us

Check it out.

Nice! We would love to do the same but we have a lot of vandalism to deal with.