• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Lets all banter a green ribbon to wear and support those victims of "club abuse". Dedicate a flight in honor of those that served and failed!....:laughing:.
I'll take one of those. I was everything in my previous club but president over the years. It was a total pain in the a$$. The last straw for me was when I was the CD of our clubs annual Builders Contest, back when people built things, and right as the winners were being announced it started to rain. It looked like rats fleeing a sinking ship. Everyone left, and I mean everyone. I was stuck by myself putting everything away and dealing with all the crap everyone left. I still have most of the plaques for the winners. I was so fed up I told them if they wanted them they had to come to my house and get them, but I wasn't lifting a finger to deliver them.

I will never be a club officer again.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice! We would love to do the same but we have a lot of vandalism to deal with.
At my previous club if we had an event we had to have a porta-john brought in for the day and picked up before dark. If not it would be destroyed. We found that out after they burnt the first one to the ground and blew the second one up.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
At my previous club if we had an event we had to have a porta-john brought in for the day and picked up before dark. If not it would be destroyed. We found that out after they burnt the first one to the ground and blew the second one up.
Wow! I guess I should be thankful for being in the spud capital of the U.S. lol

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
We simply keep a port-o-pot on site and budget it in club expenses. Now don't go giving any one ideas.....It has been in the club for years and years with out incident :lol2:.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
We simply keep a port-o-pot on site and budget it in club expenses. Now don't go giving any one ideas.....It has been in the club for years and years with out incident :lol2:.
The club I'm in now has one on the property as well. If someone didn't tell you where it is you would probably never notice it.

BalsaDust

image.jpeg

Had a blast for a few hours today. Got sunburnt as hell but had fun. Cartwheeled the little green mojo40 but nothing was damaged. Also flew the sbach65 and was playing with the tune on the DLE 20. Getting it closer but still needs to be leaned out a little bit more.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Got out today with the Sukhoi to practice some more relaxed flying. Wouldn't you know it, I just can't maintain or sustain my natural inner being. Though I love that plane and it is soooo smooth, I still occasionally feel the need to "huck"! Got some good flights in along with a little rudder bumpin'!
:brian-banana:
20160605_151414.jpg
20160605_151435.jpg

So yeah, nice and smooth yet fully capable of a little 3D action.

It was a really great weekend for flying. Said "Adios" to Andrew Jesky just a little bit ago. Weather was so awesome. And the Epley hangar planes flew well. What a great way to live!:banana-dance: