• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
My brother and i had our big yaks out thursday evening
1698f425be165eeb00b4c43eec60fdcf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Dontchya jus luv a big Yak? I decided to take the Behemoth Yak out today. Great flights but couldn't stay long. The field was having a fun fly and was asked if I would enter it. "Weeeell, only if everyone else flies like I do"! :banana-dance: There was enough wind today some of them did actually land their trainers in helicopter fashion. :laughing:I just don't think I could have landed on the "X" for a winning poker hand though.:lol2:
You all be safe this weekend. Have a grrrreat time flying. Take advantage of every flight you can get in.:way_to_go:

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Smoking hot on the east coast today...'posed to be around a 100 and with this humidity. Not gonna melt everything I have. I went out the other day and some of the velcro adhesive I have on my batteries actually melted and came off. Sweat all in your eyes and such....have to throw the towel in sometimes and just do something else. :D

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Smoking hot on the east coast today...'posed to be around a 100 and with this humidity. Not gonna melt everything I have. I went out the other day and some of the velcro adhesive I have on my batteries actually melted and came off. Sweat all in your eyes and such....have to throw the towel in sometimes and just do something else. :D
I hear ya, the "feels like" temperature here is already 96 at 9:15 in the morning. I texted my flying buddy and told him I'm wimping out today. He's coming by later to check out my scratch build project then we're going to lunch to talk about flying.;)

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I hear ya, the "feels like" temperature here is already 96 at 9:15 in the morning. I texted my flying buddy and told him I'm wimping out today. He's coming by later to check out my scratch build project then we're going to lunch to talk about flying.;)
When it feels like 96 that early, then it has to be a scorcher later in the day. We have a lot of humidity here. I have a geothermal underground system and it has two zones. The water pumping out of the condensates is unreal. It is enough moisture that the yard is wet.

I kept noticing the back zone did not feel like it was cooling, so I checked the temp differential and it was less than a few degrees so I knew something was wrong. The back unit had gone into a "condensate" fault code because of the moisture and that unit has never done that before in all the years it has been installed.

So I spent about an hour under the house blowing out the drain, and drying up the inside of the unit. Oh, the joys of home maintenance!