• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Doug,
I'll be at Midwest tomorrow for their electric fly-in. Will you be there? Billy and Ryan will be there too.
I'll be stopping by for an hour or so in the morning to pick up some batteries from a friend and BS a little then I'm going to the Convention center down the street to meet a buddy that's in town from Detroit for a model railroad show.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Went to field this morning very early to beat the wind. I beat the wind but did not come home with my plane in one piece. Worst of it, it was my first flight and about 1 minute into it. Well after lot of how did that happen and why and so on. When I got home and started to try and find out what had happened. What happened at the field was, flying along the runway pointed the plane up and cut the throttle and started to give throttle to catch the plane and the engine went dead. Well the rest is history. So after coming home wanted to empty the tank it would only take half out. So removed the tank to find that the Viton tubing had split at the cap and the Viton tubing had come off. Well that explains that one. Have not used Viton before and everyone was saying how great it is well, not for me. Back to tygon.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Went to field this morning very early to beat the wind. I beat the wind but did not come home with my plane in one piece. Worst of it, it was my first flight and about 1 minute into it. Well after lot of how did that happen and why and so on. When I got home and started to try and find out what had happened. What happened at the field was, flying along the runway pointed the plane up and cut the throttle and started to give throttle to catch the plane and the engine went dead. Well the rest is history. So after coming home wanted to empty the tank it would only take half out. So removed the tank to find that the Viton tubing had split at the cap and the Viton tubing had come off. Well that explains that one. Have not used Viton before and everyone was saying how great it is well, not for me. Back to tygon.
Ouch!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I saw @pawnshopmike at our field today for our Electric Fly In. The wind forecast was for around 8 or so, well at 10:30 this morning our weather station said 23mph. I think they missed that one by a bit. Not a great day for foamies.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well the little changes I made did the trick! She flies AWESOME!! I have a Falcon 28x9.5 propeller coming for it that'll hopefully smooth out the throttle response a little, I have a really deep curve to keep the engine from blasting out of any on the deck maneuvers with the 27x11.

19399732_10214301144309426_6866580079842902181_n.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I saw @pawnshopmike at our field today for our Electric Fly In. The wind forecast was for around 8 or so, well at 10:30 this morning our weather station said 23mph. I think they missed that one by a bit. Not a great day for foamies.
Great to see you this morning bro.

Yes the wind today was a real bummer. But we made the most of it. Did more windsurfing than flying though.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Great to see you this morning bro.

Yes the wind today was a real bummer. But we made the most of it. Did more windsurfing than flying though.

It was great to see you too, plus I got to talk with a bunch of club members I haven't seen in awhile and picked up some Pulse receiver batteries from a friend. And the cost was buy him lunch sometime. And he even threw in half a gallon of RedLine. Can't beat that price. Of course he's about to start building a full scale RV12, so I'm sure he'll more than get it back when he starts to do the painting.;)