• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Does this count as flying giant scale?
15925_900435150007328_2907391137982977984_n.jpg

Flew the blimp tonight for the Lady Grizzlies game. I'll be flying it Saturday afternoon for the men's game. Our club volunteers to fly for all the games and that is how we fund our field maintenance. It's a great combination, I get to fly and watch the game for free! We start flying 30 minutes before game time and also at halftime. It's not exactly acrobatic, but it does hover well! :laughing:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Oh man..... I am betting all those people were soooooo glad it wasn't "glow" powered. Hee hee.... Hey Tim, It is not glow....right?????? LOL

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I heard that glow remark!

SLIME RULES! .......
Really it does...Rules the finish .....Rules your hands.....Rules your sense of smell.....Rules your vehicles interior....Rules foam wheels......Rules the engine.....Rules your wallet......

Shoulda just stayed home today...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422751284.685804.jpg

Inverted dead stick on third flight, had enough altitude to get rolled over and head somewhat towards the runway. But not enough. Fly on a hump and plane disappeared behind the hump. Stalled it and it crashed from 6-10 ft up.

Well it fits in the bed of the truck much better now!

Come on EF, time to stock the Blue and Yellow 88" Edge!

Mikeq

150cc
Yes and it seems it always happens at the wrong time or altitude at least for me anyway...sorry for your loss BJ...

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Shoulda just stayed home today...

Inverted dead stick on third flight, had enough altitude to get rolled over and head somewhat towards the runway. But not enough. Fly on a hump and plane disappeared behind the hump. Stalled it and it crashed from 6-10 ft up.

Well it fits in the bed of the truck much better now!

Come on EF, time to stock the Blue and Yellow 88" Edge!

Really sad for ya bro. It does not matter who you are. Losing an airframe sucks hard. Hope you had a gazillion flights on it and some good memories.