• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Speaking of nuts.....It was nuttin' but SUNSHINE at the FOG field today! 68 degrees light variable wind. Boy it felt good to get out and suck it all up cuz I can't suck it in anymore. Did my glowtard FOG thing and maiden the slimmer!. I have to say it is a rocket!
Need to get the GPS sensor and check the speed. The new 14SG felt really good too and am looking forward to using it on the "real planes". It was fun to glotard FOG though! lol

P.S. @stangflyer .....I cleaned the toilet. Check it out.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I can't seem to find them anymore. Be nice to get some blue ones to match the sticks.

Just Sayin.....I was real close to getting that radio before I got my 14SG. My reasoning was having to give up all my Futaba Rx's mainly the 6014HS (x5). Guess what!? Still have to if I want telemetry on all my planes. Well I am happy with the 14SG and it is very comfortable. The 9x is very comfortable too! I have flown it before (friends).

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Speaking of nuts.....It was nuttin' but SUNSHINE at the FOG field today! 68 degrees light variable wind. Boy it felt good to get out and suck it all up cuz I can't suck it in anymore. Did my glowtard FOG thing and maiden the slimmer!. I have to say it is a rocket!
Need to get the GPS sensor and check the speed. The new 14SG felt really good too and am looking forward to using it on the "real planes". It was fun to glotard FOG though! lol

Hmmm......not bad. Not too bad at all. For a glow (shudder) motor. Actually, YS makes a pretty darned nice motor. Only other one I would own, (Oh wait, I still have two) is the Saito 4 strokes. Congrats there Kelly.... darned good form there.:way_to_go:

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"

THat thang is hauling the mail, congrats on maiden

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Take a look at these. They are for JR but if I remember correctly, JR is also 3mm threads on the stick shafts. I talked with this gentleman many times, he is able to get pretty much anything you want. Or so he told me. superseller81 on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Fl...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3368378fa3

I'm looking for the nuts that go at the bases of all of the switches, not transmitter sticks. I actually like the stock sticks. I know lots of retailers carry them for Futaba, JR, Spektrum, etc. but I can't find anything for Hitec....?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm looking for the nuts that go at the bases of all of the switches, not transmitter sticks. I actually like the stock sticks. I know lots of retailers carry them for Futaba, JR, Spektrum, etc. but I can't find anything for Hitec....?
Oooooh!!!! Sorry, I misunderstood you. I am not aware of anything available. Bet if you could take one off, measure it.... it could possibly be the same as one of the other manufacturers. Don't know for sure though. (Cool idea)

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Go fast, turn left :)

Once I get the fuel delivery issue resolved and new con rod in it will be faster! Just breath on the sticks at speed and it could be "destroyed in seconds"lol

THat thang is hauling the mail, congrats on maiden

Thanks! Got some minor "dial in" to do and fuel pressure issue to resolve as stated. The middle of the tank is on the cg and subsequent flights proved a true tracking air frame through out the flight time. I was amazed that vertical up lines held at full power. I never got the p factor and engine thrust line right before first time out!

Hmmm......not bad. Not too bad at all. For a glow (shudder) motor. Actually, YS makes a pretty darned nice motor. Only other one I would own, (Oh wait, I still have two) is the Saito 4 strokes. Congrats there Kelly.... darned good form there.:way_to_go:
Thanks Rob,
I have had big Saito's too! I electronically fuel injected a 300TD many years ago and 3D' it in a H9 260. That was my turning point when I went gassers all out. Now look what I am doing! lol