• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Yakman

70cc twin V2
I got a kick watching Terrys plane putting out perfect smoke rings. Not been around smoke planes b4, din't know they do that while hovering. It looks like a great day to fly, hope i'm not the only one there again.

Yakman

70cc twin V2
Yup, i was only one flying. two others there but were not able to get there glows to run.

Here's a little low and slow action by Justin Owen yesterday.

I only got one flight in. I noticed my motor shaking pretty badly so I took the cowl off. Found my top two standoff-to-firewall bolts had backed themselves almost all the way out. Essentially I was flying using just the bottom two standoffs!

Damn that was lucky!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Weather was muggy and miserable here at 78% and 95*F. Nasty stuff, called flying quits around 10 this morning but got plenty of stick time in.

Who wants to come take pictures next time? I have no proof I still can fly. Lol.

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
As much as I enjoy going to flying events, sometimes I enjoy going to my home field when most of the club is away at one of those events. Lots of flying, no drama. Had a great day yesterday!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
rcbobp;15831 wrote: As much as I enjoy going to flying events, sometimes I enjoy going to my home field when most of the club is away at one of those events. Lots of flying, no drama. Had a great day yesterday!
I can totally relate. Only three people at our field yesterday. Myself, my son and our friend with is new "Hooptie". No waiting to fly, no belly aching cause we were hovering together and punching out straight up side by side. Good times indeed.

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Okay, got to go flying again today! THIS TIME I GOT SOME GLAMOUR SHOTS!!! PERFECT flying weather, 80 degrees, light breeze right down the runway, no bugs, no FOGS, hell, NOBODY BUT ME and I got the pictures to prove it!!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

15910=10829-bellair.jpg
15910=10829-bellair.jpg
15910=10815-image.jpg
15910=10815-image.jpg
15910=10818-image.jpg
15910=10818-image.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Astrohog;15910 wrote: Okay, got to go flying again today! THIS TIME I GOT SOME GLAMOUR SHOTS!!! PERFECT flying weather, 80 degrees, light breeze right down the runway, no bugs, no FOGS, hell, NOBODY BUT ME and I got the pictures to prove it!!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Nice plane Astro. A PAU, correct? I am thinking I am going to pull the trigger on one just after the first of the year. I want to get my 42% Sukhoi done first though.

By the way, nice "glamour" shots. Only, I see it just sitting there. Where's the ones of you flying it? We really need more proof than this. :funny-laughing-smil