• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

yakken

100cc
I think the weather is turning over to spring. march looks like lows in the 30's and highs 50 to 60's. As a matter fact im loading up planes in the trailer for friday. Washing the trailer and truck. I will be ready.[emoji106]

Yakman

70cc twin V2
March weather here came in like a lamb, so we still got that out like a lion to go yet. But in the meentime, im loading planes in the Tahoe to go flying today with Flycanic and others. At mid 50s and a breeze of 5-10, should be a great day.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Still don't have anything GS to fly... so I guess I will have to take out the 64" EF MXS and the 700 heli this afternoon... 74 degrees and 10 mph winds here!

The weather finally turned here and I had a day of 60 degrees and zero wind for a few hours today. Only got in one flight, it didn't feel right and I parked it the rest of the time, but I had a great time hanging out with friends and playing with airplanes! Helped tune 2 new DLE 35's, troubleshoot a Saito glow with a broken valve, pick up pieces of an unintended upside down landing, and program a new radio. All in all a good day and I left the truck packed so I can go do it again tomorrow, only hopefully with more flights!
Go Grizz. Where is your field located in Missoula?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Another beautiful day here. Ant hills in the runway!
Snapshot 1 (3-8-2015 12-38 AM).png

Last edited:

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
@Hoosier06 , We are right next to the old pulp mill about 8 miles west of town. That field is in jeopardy and will probably soon go away. We also have a smaller field by Frenchtown and another small field down by Florence. We are trying to find a new lease, but because it is near Missoula and all the ranches are being encroached on, leases are big $$$.

Last edited: