• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
We got out to the field this morning to get in a few Independence day flights only to find the most gruesome site imaginable. We (@Shayne Epley) and I had the field to ourselves. Not a sole to be found. Oh, a straggler now and then. Just long enough for them to pile what they had, then pack it on and leave. Perfect skies, and the runway clear. Ahhh!

4th of JulY Team Epley camp.
20150704_093233.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,

Glad you got a little reprieve from the heat and got to go flying. Especially if you get to share the day with your son. Funny thing is, I went to the flying field this morning and NOBODY showed up for the 90 minutes I waited. So I packed up and went home, because I do not like to fly by myself. The day wasn't a total loss because I stopped by the LHS and picked up the servo's for my next plane. . . . . . . .:brian-banana:

Last edited:

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Happy 4th! Got out with @ChickenBalls, @mulehead1969, and @combat chicken had a little cook out good food and some flying really windy here so out come the Old Glow Obsession 3D and she gave us many laughs today until I sent her home on the last flight, Im sure the others have a few better Pics.View attachment 30010
Happy 4th everyone, yeah we had a blast today, just a bit to windy for much flying, but we kicked back, cooked up some burgers, and dogs. We turned it into a Thank you cookout for one of our members who goes above, and beyond to support our club. @emtp275 and I flew a few times, but most just spent day BS'in. I needed this, as we had a party at the Presidents house last night, and the tequilla, tried takill a few of us. THANK YOU to @mulehead1969 for doing the grilling, and pit bitchin, awesome skills brother. Justin, was having a blast with an old glow plane he brought back to life, and he was beating on her hard, playing chicken with the trees, and the ground, in the end the ground WON. He had us all in stitches, laughing, even when the plane took the dirt nap, he and all of us were grinnin like possums. OH lets not forget, we have an awesome member who owns a bakery, and hooked us up with a tasty cake. Also a short vid of me flying the wing thingyyy

Attachments

• DSC00199.JPG
    DSC00199.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_20150704_132846.jpg
    IMG_20150704_132846.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20150704_132907.jpg
    IMG_20150704_132907.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 525

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Whats the best thing about crashing a glow tard plane? Ya don't have to disassemble, or clean the slimy thing. I know some are sensitive about the glow tard thing, I apologize to you if I offended you, no I'm not cause my wife wears the panties at my house, well not tonight cause it's DATE NIGHT:woohoo!:

Attachments

• IMG_20150704_151044.jpg
    IMG_20150704_151044.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 486
Happy 4th everyone, yeah we had a blast today, just a bit to windy for much flying, but we kicked back, cooked up some burgers, and dogs. We turned it into a Thank you cookout for one of our members who goes above, and beyond to support our club. @emtp275 and I flew a few times, but most just spent day BS'in. I needed this, as we had a party at the Presidents house last night, and the tequilla, tried takill a few of us. THANK YOU to @mulehead1969 for doing the grilling, and pit bitchin, awesome skills brother. Justin, was having a blast with an old glow plane he brought back to life, and he was beating on her hard, playing chicken with the trees, and the ground, in the end the ground WON. He had us all in stitches, laughing, even when the plane took the dirt nap, he and all of us were grinnin like possums. OH lets not forget, we have an awesome member who owns a bakery, and hooked us up with a tasty cake. Also a short vid of me flying the wing thingyyy

You tha man ChickenBalls !!!