• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Just got back from the field. What a wonderful day for November! Sunny, mid 50's, with about a 4mph wind. And of course, even though we have over a hundred members it was the same 4 guys flying, just like every Sunday.

I flew my Comp ARF Extra 330 again today. I can't believe before a few weeks ago I had let that thing sit a year without flying it.

thurmma

150cc
Maidened the 3DHS 330LX yesterday and it flew like a dream! Just sent the boss a text and said "I will trade you some daylight for some darkness". He sent back "Have fun!" I love having a job that is this flexible :)

Extra330LX.jpg

thurmma

150cc
Put 4 more flights on the LX today and it is getting to be more fun every flight. One thing that I didn't think about and it almost cost me a dead stick landing is with the cooler temps, I need to open the high end needle just a touch. The engine has about 3 gallons through it now and is really coming on like a banshee. It was running great all day, no issues, but as the temps started to drop, and they dropped pretty quick once the sun got close to the horizon, the final flight it tried to die on an upline. Luckily I had plenty of momentum and just pushed over, but it was not wanting to come back around real easily so I just kept pumping the throttle a bit until I knew I could make the runway if it did decide to die when I idled back all the way. Once I was on final and idled all the way back it seemed to clear up. I turned the plane off to make sure I didn't run out of gas, which I didn't, still had about 3/4 tank on both tanks. Checked all batteries and they were good. The only thing I can think is with the cooler temps, it went a touch lean on the upline. I packed it up and headed home for the night and will check the plane out tomorrow as I am putting the RE3's on as long as I can get a coupler to fit.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Maidened the 3DHS 330LX yesterday and it flew like a dream! Just sent the boss a text and said "I will trade you some daylight for some darkness". He sent back "Have fun!" I love having a job that is this flexible :)

View attachment 44796
Dang you Mark. Teasing me like that. I see you have plenty of sunny skies. And having a job that you can pretty much pick your hours of work...??? Wow, Have I told you lately....you suck. LOL....Just kidding my friend. So pleased for you with the Extra. It's been a long time coimin' huh? Hey, how 'bout a flight video???

Congrats....:way_to_go:

thurmma

150cc
Dang you Mark. Teasing me like that. I see you have plenty of sunny skies. And having a job that you can pretty much pick your hours of work...??? Wow, Have I told you lately....you suck. LOL....Just kidding my friend. So pleased for you with the Extra. It's been a long time coimin' huh? Hey, how 'bout a flight video???

Congrats....:way_to_go:
One of the guys from the field was getting a video from his phone, but I haven't seen it yet. Once I get it, I will put a link to it :)

4DigitHP

50cc
What did you think of it. I'm considering building one
The bushwhacker is Chasons. He let me fly it last night. I really liked it. So far I have the Bloody Baron and Chason has the Bushwacker. They both fly great. I love the landing gear on the Bushwacker. Slow touch and goes are fun.

On the hunt for 1000WHP