• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

thurmma

150cc
Went out Saturday to try and get a few flights on the 330LX, but the *@&$# DLE carb gave me crap again as I was getting ready for the 3rd flight. The plane ran great for the first two flights although I thought it was starting to sag a bit at the end of the second flight, and then when I was running it up on the ground for the 3rd flight, the top end was dropping off drastically so I shut it down and it was at 245 degrees just from a few seconds of running on the ground! GRRRRRRRR!!! I opened the high needle up to 2 1/2 turns and it wasn't sagging any more and temps were down so I put it in the air. After a couple minutes in the air it started getting really rich in the middle 2/3's of the throttle range. I know it was richer than snot because when I would roll it the engine would almost die from the unburned fuel getting sucked into the cylinders. I hope I can get a carb from DA by Thursday. I am sick and tired of fighting with this carb. The engine ran great for the first 3 to 4 gallons and then the carb issues started cropping up. I have already pulled the reed block and worked it over, so that isn't the issue. Switched fuel tanks from dual 32oz to a single 50oz, so that isn't the issue either. The only thing left is the carb :(

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Butt freezing cold and snow for you yanks and rainy soggy t-storms and muck for me. Hope to get out to the field Sunday after Christmas and log a few before the new year. Had some really nice days decent in December, January and February last year.
Hover.png
Snapshot 3 (12-14-2014 12-00 AM).png

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It was WINNNDDYYYY today, but I managed one flight in before my spinner broke and I noticed both of my lower engine mount bolts were loose.. Glad I caught that, the spinner i'm not too thrilled about though.

Any sources for good inexpensive spinners?

camss69

70cc twin V2
Had an awesome day flying today! My buddy is getting up there in age (84 in a couple weeks) and has given all of his giant scale planes away over the last year. They are all scratch built giant scale, scale type airplanes. I'm lucky enough to have been given a 1/3rd scale Balsa USA cub by him. He also had an absolutely gorgeous PT-19 with a DA-85, a Sig Spacewalker with a 35cc Evolution and a Beaver with a DA100. Today we got all 4 together and had him there and flew them. Had a small incident with the Beaver so it didn't fly long. But we got the Cub, Spacewalker and PT-19 all up together and man was he a happy guy! We are all giant scale 3D type flyers but we all had a total blast flying these scale planes. In fact there were only scale planes there today which I don't think I've ever seen at my field. The weather was perfect, maybe 60 degrees and almost no wind at all. Hopefully I'll get some pics but I don't have any right now. Really fun day.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
It was WINNNDDYYYY today, but I managed one flight in before my spinner broke and I noticed both of my lower engine mount bolts were loose.. Glad I caught that, the spinner i'm not too thrilled about though.

Any sources for good inexpensive spinners?

Give PAU a try! fiberglass and cnc machined aluminum. Wont bust your wallet.
No%20Limitz%20Fiberglass%20White%20Ultimate.jpg