• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Yikes, pain is pain yet some hits the bank account much harder! I ditched my fave fiddy cc bird at an even in August and I have had that plane for around 5 years I think. Someone needs to create balsa that flexes under impact.

It flexed good enough for a perfect fit :D.

0904170042-00.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Finally getting caught up here at the Epley hangar. So tomorrow I plan to take three of the four little guys, (grandsons) out to the field with me. I promised them an outing with Grampa. We're taking the gasserized trainer so they can start getting some real life stick time. Oh yeah, I think a certain Pitts just possibly will sneak a ride to the field too. I mean after all, it's only been like, what? 3 or 4 months since it flew? Sheesh...to many "dubs", not enough time. Lol

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
It looked like a miniature Jet Rally at our field today, of EDF Jets anyway.;) There were 6 Freewing EDF's and 2 EDF Skymaster F18's. The Skymasters were pretty cool, 120mm EDF's, but neither were ready to fly.
It was supposed to start raining around 11, but that never showed up, and it actually turned out to be not too bad. I maidened my new and freshly painted Freewing Mig 21. It did really well, even though the camo scheme wasn't the greatest on a very overcast day. On the second and third flight I put the drop tanks on. They drag it down a bit, but they look awfully cool. Unfortunately on the third landing the right retract came out of the wing and took out the flap. It wasn't a bad landing, but it was a pretty poor glue joint.:face-palm: Not much required to fix it other than gluing things back together. My Czech markings aren't staying on, the ones on the bottom of the wing left in flight, and all the others are peeling up.

20170917_103351_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It looked like a miniature Jet Rally at our field today, of EDF Jets anyway.;) There were 6 Freewing EDF's and 2 EDF Skymaster F18's. The Skymasters were pretty cool, 120mm EDF's, but neither were ready to fly.
It was supposed to start raining around 11, but that never showed up, and it actually turned out to be not too bad. I maidened my new and freshly painted Freewing Mig 21. It did really well, even though the camo scheme wasn't the greatest on a very overcast day. On the second and third flight I put the drop tanks on. They drag it down a bit, but they look awfully cool. Unfortunately on the third landing the right retract came out of the wing and took out the flap. It wasn't a bad landing, but it was a pretty poor glue joint.:face-palm: Not much required to fix it other than gluing things back together. My Czech markings aren't staying on, the ones on the bottom of the wing left in flight, and all the others are peeling up.

View attachment 98920
That is just really cool looking. Missing markings or not, I bet you had a ton of fun. That's what it is all about. Congrats...