• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
6 - 8" here. The most I've seen in 25 years.

.View attachment 100671
WOW that is unbelievable for so far south. Man you you have me beat. We have had snow on and off 1 or 2 inches every now and then but 8 in one shot you are Going to be doing some shoveling for a couple of hours. More than likely you do not have snowblower, at 8 inches the snowblower comes ont to get rid of it. 'Good luck take your time.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well all you snowbirds.....It's a couple of tick's before HIGH NOON and my thermometer says 53. Got to go get it loaded up. Of course I'm rusty as a nail covered in snow but you know what??? "I'm going out flying" :).

Just going to Maiden and trim the plane and check how the current CG is. Hope the DL50 does what I expect but it is going to be "fully loaded" with 21 pounds. Report to follow.........

Edit.....It's loaded! And wings are naked. You know.....Artistic nudity....
1210171223-00.jpg

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Maiden DONE! and it still is one piece! :brian-banana:Peanut butter Jelly! Or Cheese burger bacon :big-grin:.

Rob I will post up the juicy stuff you know where when its ready.

View attachment 100676 View attachment 100677 View attachment 100678
Congratulations! :fist_pump:

No flying for me today, It was warm enough, and sunny, but a 20 mph wind. I'm struggling through a sinus infection and being out last Sunday in weather like this made it MUCH worse and I'm still paying for it.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Congratulations! :fist_pump:

No flying for me today, It was warm enough, and sunny, but a 20 mph wind. I'm struggling through a sinus infection and being out last Sunday in weather like this made it MUCH worse and I'm still paying for it.

Thanks Doug. I did just the one flight. Mercury held at 53 degrees all the time I was there and I started to get chilled. Bruce was getting ready to go spray blue sky writing for a new baby boy any way. Congrats to that by the way :congrats:.

20171210-171703.JPG