• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm NOT going out flying thread.

BalsaDust

So I have done no flying or airplane work at all this week other than a few flights on my blade inductrix quad. Very good reason though as we have been on a family vacation in the Pigeon Forge TN area all week. Saw lots of beautiful scenery in the Smokey Mountian National Park, went zip lining on the second large zip line east of the Mississippi (475' in the air), went to Dollywood theme park, various other smaller things throughout the week, and finished it all off going white water rafting this afternoon. Loads of fun and now all packed for the long 8hr ride back to home and to get to see my puppies again.

RJ 706

70cc twin V2
Wasn't the first one at the field, but I was the last to leave. Back out tomorrow. Happiness is recharged batteries and a fresh can of 40/1.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Rain, rain, rain, and more rain. A friend and his son are in town from Detroit and this was our day to go flying. Rain, rain, rain................

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It's raining and glad it is we needed it. But while it's raining decided to put my new old DA 85 on the engine stand and run it. See how well it runs and shakes. If it's good will be mounting it into a extra from Aeroworks.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
So I have done no flying or airplane work at all this week other than a few flights on my blade inductrix quad. Very good reason though as we have been on a family vacation in the Pigeon Forge TN area all week. Saw lots of beautiful scenery in the Smokey Mountian National Park, went zip lining on the second large zip line east of the Mississippi (475' in the air), went to Dollywood theme park, various other smaller things throughout the week, and finished it all off going white water rafting this afternoon. Loads of fun and now all packed for the long 8hr ride back to home and to get to see my puppies again.

Smokey Mountains are super nice. I went out there last year and did Dolly Wood, Gatlinburg, Severville, etc. It was a long drive for me as I usually don't do the long drives much over a few hours.

Dolly Wood was really nice park with a lot of fun shows and a really nice atmosphere about it. A lot of cool things to do around that area.

Went out on one of those mountain roads at Cade's Cove....wow....better not take your hands off the steering wheel for a split second or you will be tumbling down the mountain. I think 5 miles took us about two or more hours of twisting and winding. Cade's Cover has quite the history!

There were more beautiful rock creeks in the Smokies than you can shake a stick at - almost mind numbing. Looked at some of the old cabins on many of the trails and all I could think of was what it must have been like living back in those days with many harsh circumstances staring you in the face.

BalsaDust

Yes cades cove is awesome. We just did the normal driving trail and didn't venture off to any of the other trails.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
image.jpeg
P
image.jpeg
It rained to day but in the later part of the day it stopped for while. So finished mounting the DA85 on the stand and got it running. It took a while to get the fuel up to the carb but once the fuel hit the carb it ran like a top. Man that is one mean engine. Ran the 150 on the stand it was easy and smooth. But this 85 is loud and powerful. And the acceleration is just crazy. Shut it down after a few minutes, and will run it again tomorrow and get the needles set up close and just get a little familiar with the engine. Will run it for 10 to 15 minutes and it should be ready for the plane.