Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport The Kool Kanary (Giant Hot Kanary)

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Bipeguy03, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Why I asked is that I painted everything I Own except for last 2 years since I have been trying to fly 3D. I my biggest problem was always were to paint. So what I did is I bought 16 12ft long aluminum tubes and build a paint booth with them and then buy plastic drop sheets and cover everything and the floor. Cut a hole in one end and install a fan and my paint booth is done. The only thing is, always planned to paint in the spring when the temperature was just right. And have a 1000 watt light shining into the paint booth. Buildthe paint booth it in the car garage.

stangflyer and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Naaa.... I've looked at those plans enough to realize it is not a build I want to attempt when I have other projects in the works. It is definitely a build that will take every ounce of devotion and tenacity. Also, I am still out on the limb in deciding which engine I want up front pulling it. The red headed inline 110 twin, Or a Kolm inline tres. Course there is one other option I keep hoping will materialize.

Alky6, 49dimes, Snoopy1 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    If you bought one of those and built a plane around it I would be at the field with you to see it fly and that is long drive probably 30 hours or more one way but that would be quite the plane.

4. stangflyer

Well, I bought the plane. Just need the power plant.:way_to_go:

49dimes, Jetpainter and Snoopy1 like this.
  5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada

Ok you let the cat out of the bag what did you buy how big, how long, what type, by whom, the scale and will it be ready next week.:fist_pump::brian-banana:

6. stangflyer

Don Smith Mustang. 112", full on scale. And no...not week. Maybe...maube start next winter.

Before I start it though, I need to study Rodgers Dalotel build a lot more closely. LOL

7. stangflyer

And now back to the Kool Kanary. Sorry for the intrusion. How's the Hot Kanary coming?

Bipeguy03 likes this.

8. No problem lol

I started plotting the lines for the pinstripes and hopefully will spray the black this evening so I can start masking for the white tomorrow. Then in the following days mask and spray the Lemon Yellow and Bahama Blue.

9. stangflyer

Lemon yellow and Bahama blue... Oh I like.

Bipeguy03 likes this.
  10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Lemon yellow and bright orange are my favourite colours including blue this gong to look good.

Bipeguy03 likes this.