• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

3-8-16_3.jpg
3-8-16_2.jpg
3-8-16_1.jpg
Last night I received the canopy's from Rick and Fibertech and More, they look great. So today I just cut the back out of one and placed it on a fuse just to get an idea on how it will look. We do not have the hatch formers yet, so the canopy is just resting on its full base mold. So it's setting real high in the front right now, at least about 2" too high, but in any case I do like the overall shape of the canopy, not as steep of a front slope as the ML.

well, i was wrong, the stabs were not finished, I still had to glue in the hard points. SO here it is:

I do not like the idea of gluing in the dowel into the foam, so I glued in these balsa blocks...
IMG_0678.JPG

Once it was cured, I sanded it flush with the sheeting...
IMG_0679.JPG

Using a Forstner bit, and a drill press, I drilled into the balsa block.

IMG_0680.JPG
IMG_0681.JPG

Now, I have glued in the hardwood dowel, and once this cures, it will be sanded flush, then drilled for the 10-32 Dubro control horns.
I will post pictures after I get that step done.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
well, i was wrong, the stabs were not finished, I still had to glue in the hard points. SO here it is:

I do not like the idea of gluing in the dowel into the foam, so I glued in these balsa blocks...
View attachment 52113

Once it was cured, I sanded it flush with the sheeting...
View attachment 52114

Using a Forstner bit, and a drill press, I drilled into the balsa block.

View attachment 52115 View attachment 52116

Now, I have glued in the hardwood dowel, and once this cures, it will be sanded flush, then drilled for the 10-32 Dubro control horns.
I will post pictures after I get that step done.
Very nice Cam.