• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

Hi Jeff, @Jlc , this is what I did. I moved the fitting so that it is on the angled surface. Of course, I ended up throwing away the other bottle.

IMG_1739.JPG

All the wiring is complete, and attached.The receivers and antennas are also installed.

the receiver, which is behind F3, on the left side of the picture, has two antennas. I place them so that the yellow tips are at 90 degrees to each other.
IMG_1740.JPG

There is another receiver in this picture, but this is a receiver for the remote switch. Meaning, there are no switches on the fuselage. I will be able to turn on the radio of the airplane, by using a switch on my transmitter, which is actually a knob.
IMG_1741.JPG

the third receiver is not pictured here, but it is behind F4, and it is oriented with the tips at 90 degrees from each other, but also, on a different plane as the 1st receiver.

Currently, I am sealing the hinge gaps on the ailerons and rudder. and after that, all that is left to do is to make sure both elevators have same center and travel.

After this, she will be 100% ready for the maiden.

Here are the specs:

Desert Aircraft 200 Light
KS 95 canisters
Jeti Central Box 200
2 sets of IBEC
2 2S Lipo batteries, 5000 Mah each
all the servos are MKS 777 (9 total)
Whiter Rose 4.5 " wheels
J&J Tailwheel
Dave Brown Ultimate 6" spinner
Monokote Covering
PPG Delfleet Essential Paint
McFueler Fuel Dot
55" length carbon fiber wing tube
carbon fiber landing gear, swept forward.

Here is a version of the DA 200 baffle templates:

da 200 baffle template.jpg

Hi Cam,

Glad you are on the mend, I'll give you a call later today.
As for my CG, I have it set at 27 percent MAC, and that works out to 3.75" back from the leading edge tips. When projected tip to tip, and I just checked, it's right at the leading edge of the tube.
As of today I now have 20 flights on my Dalton 300SP all now just flying the Advanced IMAC sequence and there has been no need at all for any trim changes from my first flight two weeks ago, that for me is unreal....Out of all 26 Dalton's I have build this is by far the best one yet...you are going to love it! If you want I'll share with you all of my throws, mixes and such.

Tom
_V9O6849.jpg
_V9O6857.jpg
_V9O6859.jpg

Tom, those are outstanding pictures! Looks real good. And I saw the video too!! Flies awesome. I may try to go Wednesday and Maiden mine. Wish me luck.