• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

Yeah, I'm going to have to make one of those jigs too.

Do you start with the outer edge to get the surfaces to line up or what's the best way to line things up properly?

I have done the jig, with the following spacing

Pin-1 inch-pin-3 inch-pin-3 inch-etc.....

so, there are two that are close together, and for any surface, I make the two outer and two inner, only one inch apart.
the rest are 3 " apart.

the one I have, when I get to one end, I then turn it around, so i drill two holes, 1 inch apart.

Just beveled the rudder and fin LE/TE.
SO far so good.
this is the fastest building airplane I have ever built, with regards to actual time. Much easier than my first 3 Daltons.

Last step, will be to glue on the bottom to the rudder with the hard point for the tiller arm.

IMG_0750.JPG
IMG_0751.JPG
IMG_0752.JPG
IMG_0753.JPG

Rusty 73

100cc
Excellent job getting no gap between the surfaces , your using piano wire to connect all the hinges together, very cool .:way_to_go:
That vertical looks small compared to how large that rudder is ? I like your work , very good post Cam have enjoyed all of the Dalton progress .

Thank you Rusty. I appreciate you. Got the last of the work I can do on this airplane. And so far, so good.

The rudder is now finished.

Using my White Rose tail wheel, I prefer the tiller arm. This avoids the use of springs, and thus, when in the air, there is no loading of the servo secondary to springs. I obtained this hard wood dowel, and marked the location on the rudder, whereby I can have a tiller arm fixed to the rudder via a ball link. Found the spot and drilled it using a Forstner Bit. Then, using the drill press, I drilled out the hole for the ball link, and then I glued it in with poly-u glue.

IMG_0791.JPG
IMG_0792.JPG

Here is the final result, the rudder and stabs have a removable hinge line, in that, there is piano wire thru the Robart hinge points.

IMG_0793.JPG
IMG_0794.JPG
IMG_0795.JPG
IMG_0796.JPG

at this point, there is nothing more I can do, Until I receive the remaining parts to my kit:
1. Wheel pants
2. main landing gear
3. canopy (plastic)
4. hatch parts / wood
5. wing tube and wing tube phenolic
6. cowl (top and bottom)

Once I get the wing tube and phenolic, then I can build the wings, and proceed some more.

Signing off for now, you all have a great day,

Cam