Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale The Red Eagle rebooted

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by acerc, Mar 4, 2020.

1. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I cut most of my wood on my mini table saw. Byrne's has several accessories to expand the saws capability.

Attached Files:

WMcNabb likes this.
  2. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    Yes the Byrnes works great, I have all the accessories I need, and I use it a lot. But if it is set up for say cutting strips and one is installing them as they are cut the chop saw makes quick work of it without resetting the Byrnes. For example, the 1/4" square strips for the fuse's internal bracing was a soft wood, hard wood but soft. So I set the Byrne's up to cut some poplar strips, to not waste wood I cut a strip and install it, then cut another. The chop saw saved me from having to readjust the Byrnes and the chop saw is easier to set for each angle of all the pieces as each one was a different angle on each piece and end.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    dhal22 likes this.
  3. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    The wings sheeting was prepped on the l/e and the balsa l/e cap installed, I then assembled the ailerons and they are curing now. Then I can put them in position and figure out if the functional slave strut is feasible, I sure hope it is.

Attached Files:

• 29.JPG
      29.JPG
      File size:
      372.3 KB
      Views:
    pawnshopmike, WMcNabb and -Rick- like this.
  4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    The ribs for the wings look interesting. Are they built up from sticks or cut out like that. There is not much left, look super light.
    Nice work coming along nicely.

acerc likes this.
  5. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    They are cut out like that, router cut in a sheet with little tits holding them in.

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike likes this.
  6. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    That is one dam nice kit.

7. dhal22

Dang, now I gotta buy a chopsaw...................... :mad:

8. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    Yes it is!!!
    About as handy as the table saw. I ordered one of the Proxxon's, suppose to be here Friday.. Uggghhhh… It's a sickness.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  9. dhal22

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Proxxon-Ch...099793?hash=item1a89be4cd1:g:RgcAAOSw50Vd1ea3

10. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida