• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale The Red Eagle rebooted

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
FYI, the hold up is I am waiting on the carbon laminate and some ply. The next step in construction is the wings trailing edge, kit call's for balsa but it bows with the tension of the fabric so it gets lightply in the aileron area. I also want to make the ribs to finish checking how the slave rod will fit and function. So until then I am social distancing around the house. Replaced the well station slab the last three days, that was a pain, as I hate pouring concrete. And today I am starting the replacement of another 650' section of fencing. Always plenty to mend being a home/property owner.
Hope you have a good post hole digger

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Wish I had practiced that in my younger days........my back would be in way better shape if I had:mad:
LOL!!!!
Why do ya think I practice "Smarter than harder", because I did not practice what I preached. I could not dig two post hole's by hand much less 130. And yes, for thirty years did I preached that to my employees.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Everything that can be done on the lower wing halves has been done, need the ply and carbon to finish it up. Made a vac box for the back side of the chop saw out of a Savox servo box. It don't look like much but does the job nicely, it is only taped in place and after some use if it continues to work appropriately it will get more permanently attached. It works well enough that very small pieces get sucked away so I will get a small screen to go in front of it.

Attachments

• P1090522.JPG
    P1090522.JPG
    448.7 KB · Views: 431
  • P1090521.JPG
    P1090521.JPG
    392.3 KB · Views: 397

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Spent the last two days building a chicken pen for the wife. And today she brought home ten chicks, laying hens, so we will have plenty of eggs in a couple months. If by chance a rooster got tossed in some time down the road we'll have some chickens for the freeze.

Attachments

• P1090523.JPG
    P1090523.JPG
    744.2 KB · Views: 367
  • P1090524.JPG
    P1090524.JPG
    626.7 KB · Views: 364

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The plywood just showed up so I should be able to get those strips on anytime. This morning the tracking for the carbon sheet popped in showing a delivery date of Monday. So all in all a really good day.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Finally got some time to slice up the plywood, then start installing it. I love the new chop saw as much as I love the table saw. I need to clear out a few things to make it a little more roomy with them, but it works great as set up and not a speck of dust. I was going to cut the rib caps down in size about half way but the side to side movement was to much compared to not cut down so they'll go in as is.

Attachments

• P1090525.JPG
    P1090525.JPG
    433.2 KB · Views: 366
  • P1090527.JPG
    P1090527.JPG
    427.3 KB · Views: 388