Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale The Red Eagle rebooted

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by acerc, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Hope you have a good post hole digger

2. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    Yep, an auger on the back of the tractor, as little hard manual labor as possible.

pawnshopmike, WMcNabb and Snoopy1 like this.
  3. Hinckley Bill

Hinckley Bill 50cc

Wish I had practiced that in my younger days........my back would be in way better shape if I had:mad:

4. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    LOL!!!!
    Why do ya think I practice "Smarter than harder", because I did not practice what I preached. I could not dig two post hole's by hand much less 130. And yes, for thirty years did I preached that to my employees.

5. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    Everything that can be done on the lower wing halves has been done, need the ply and carbon to finish it up. Made a vac box for the back side of the chop saw out of a Savox servo box. It don't look like much but does the job nicely, it is only taped in place and after some use if it continues to work appropriately it will get more permanently attached. It works well enough that very small pieces get sucked away so I will get a small screen to go in front of it.

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike and Snoopy1 like this.
  6. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    Spent the last two days building a chicken pen for the wife. And today she brought home ten chicks, laying hens, so we will have plenty of eggs in a couple months. If by chance a rooster got tossed in some time down the road we'll have some chickens for the freeze.

Attached Files:

dhal22 and pawnshopmike like this.
  7. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    The plywood just showed up so I should be able to get those strips on anytime. This morning the tracking for the carbon sheet popped in showing a delivery date of Monday. So all in all a really good day.

8. Just keep that ax away from their necks!!!!

9. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    The laying hens, you bet. The Ducks, uh, probably not. That will depend on how attached the wife get's to them.

10. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    Finally got some time to slice up the plywood, then start installing it. I love the new chop saw as much as I love the table saw. I need to clear out a few things to make it a little more roomy with them, but it works great as set up and not a speck of dust. I was going to cut the rib caps down in size about half way but the side to side movement was to much compared to not cut down so they'll go in as is.

Attached Files:

Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.