• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The stick bangers thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey guys. Here is a vid of a friend who has just started flying GS. I was very impressed with his basic skills and his ability not to bag a first time biggie. He is sharp on the sticks and IMO talented enough to potentially be a really good flyer. So screen the vid and post up some advice for I am a cheeseburger after all.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Luv P-HUCK Vids. And all top Pilot vids. I was kinda hoping this thread would have a lot of personal videos of us not so perfect flyers. I know modest personalities of really potentially GOOD flyers keep it from happening but a critique from the expert flyers and good flyers would be most welcomed I bet. Maybe even attract a lot more members to the site. Coaching is becoming a lost art in the 3D arena I guess? Watching a plane fly and trying to look at stick movements can be frustrating to a lot of folks. Good explanation some times is best . When I was trying to learn Waterfalls I got a reply from @jaybird and he simply explained what I could do better. It helped greatly. So a BIG thanks to him.

I know training films in the work place suck and this is not work but we still have to work at it.
My new friend as well as an old friend (Putting down the sticks for a real yoke) don't get a lot of help from a cheeseburger and coaching from local experts is difficult. "Team" influence and "keeping our group only" shuts the door on a lot of "wanabe" pilots.
Me personally....I would like to improve as others but just want to have fun. No competition.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
I know for those of us up north we have not got much flying in. When I get back in the air I am going to try my hand at some videos. So stay tuned