• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@Snoopy1 and @AKNick here are some images of the edge profile plans. I forgot to bring my laptop home and have today off. I will get the pdf plans to both of you tomorrow. I drew the fuse two different ways. I personally think the first way will be a bit stronger but probably ever so slightly heavier as well.
View attachment 110269 View attachment 110270 View attachment 110271 View attachment 110272
Thanks that is very nice of you to do. Looking forward to receiving the drawings. It is sized for a 20cc gas engine.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
@Snoopy1 and @AKNick here are some images of the edge profile plans. I forgot to bring my laptop home and have today off. I will get the pdf plans to both of you tomorrow. I drew the fuse two different ways. I personally think the first way will be a bit stronger but probably ever so slightly heavier as well.
View attachment 110269 View attachment 110270 View attachment 110271 View attachment 110272
SO cool! I would love to have a slab again. I was dead set on making a 20cc version of the MOASS MOJO60/65, I'm sure you have had the privilege of flying that machine/setup before? Can you compare the two? I would have a lot of fun building something of your design. I would be curious if someone could laser/router cut that fourth picture of yours. I know @GSNadmin offered laser/router cutting.... Curious about that option, maybe a few of us would like that done????? I like the easy route.

BalsaDust

SO cool! I would love to have a slab again. I was dead set on making a 20cc version of the MOASS MOJO60/65, I'm sure you have had the privilege of flying that machine/setup before? Can you compare the two? I would have a lot of fun building something of your design. I would be curious if someone could laser/router cut that fourth picture of yours. I know @GSNadmin offered laser/router cutting.... Curious about that option, maybe a few of us would like that done????? I like the easy route.

My wife and I plan to get a CNC router this year and I will be able to cut some stuff but will be more for her to run a small business with. Never flown a mojo65 but everybody always said they fly great but are heavy and underpowered with a 20 on them. They are heavy because of how the fuse is built. Moass60 is another story though. Here is s video of the one I bought used and converted it from Electric to gas. Weighed 7lbs with the dle20 on the nose. Flew awesome.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
My wife and I plan to get a CNC router this year and I will be able to cut some stuff but will be more for her to run a small business with. Never flown a mojo65 but everybody always said they fly great but are heavy and underpowered with a 20 on them. They are heavy because of how the fuse is built. Moass60 is another story though. Here is s video of the one I bought used and converted it from Electric to gas. Weighed 7lbs with the dle20 on the nose. Flew awesome.
If you are going to get a CNC this year let me know the I would like to be your wife first customer. But we need to talk about the wing please.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Please ask away. What questions do you have about the wing.
For a 20cc size plane the wing span could be as much as 64 inches or around there is it a two piece wing or one. What do you believe it should be. The reason I ask is will I be able to transport to the field in one piece. Well a better question would be what is the length and wingspan then I can do some measurements and see if I can live with a one piece wing.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking at the video that plane flew well and had virtually on wing rock, and really steady at high angle of attack.

BalsaDust

For a 20cc size plane the wing span could be as much as 64 inches or around there is it a two piece wing or one. What do you believe it should be. The reason I ask is will I be able to transport to the field in one piece. Well a better question would be what is the length and wingspan then I can do some measurements and see if I can live with a one piece wing.
62" wingspan
55-1/2" length
950 sq in of wing area
Yes its two piece wing using a 3/4" wing tube