Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Welcome to Giant Scale News and welcome back to the hobby. :welcome:

What ARF is that? Looks like a nice little bird.

AKNick likes this.
  2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Starting to look like a plane, and you are still smiling.

49dimes, AKNick and pawnshopmike like this.
  3. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Nice plane! I'm running an 18SZ right now, let me know if you have any questions - I MIGHT be able to answer them :)
    Looks like a little EF Yak you got there? The technology is pretty awesome now and just keeps getting better and lighter.
    I also have RF8, It's a great tool and if you get the urge to play online in multiplayer, there is a lot of neat tricks to learn from other people.
    :welcome:

Snoopy1 likes this.
  4. Roger Chamberlain

Roger Chamberlain New to GSN!

Az
    Thank you for the offers. When it comes time to set my throws on the plane, thinking I’ll contact you. It took me a while just to figure out how to reverse the servo throws for the ailerons.
    The plane. Yes EF Yak 48”. Thank you AKNick.......

49dimes, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  5. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I didn't do sh!t in my workshop today. Or yesterday or the day before that........... I need to tighten up...

6. No workshop time today. :( Spent he whole evening replacing the drain pump in our Bosch washing machine. Turned into a bigger job than I wanted but everything seems to be working like new again. Hopefully it will last another 11 years.

49dimes, Snoopy1 and AKNick like this.
  7. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    You bet! Anytime! The touch screen will spoil you. I'm still trying to understand conditions. There is a lot the radio can do than I am aware of.

8. Spain

Spain 30cc

Looks strong but light weight!

9. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

I've been sanding wings and stabs for the Ultimate the last several nights. Every time I work on the top wing I keep thinking I'd like to meet the guy that decided it was a good idea to make a 91" one piece wing and hit him with something heavy. ;)

10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Well Robert found out what glue to seal the reed carrier to the motor case. 3W Germany told me to use Locktite 222 purple.

49dimes and AKNick like this.